SAU Community

New Power Fc (V7.00) Ecr33 Timing Issue

89CAL

Might just check the wiring and voltages and bridge it out if I have to. But I think if it thought it was neutral all the time my vct wouldn't work and it definently does. Worth a shot anyway

I've ordered another power fc so that I can rule out the unit once and for all. I'm pretty convinced its a unit issue because of my old power fc running fine.

Have just checked all the wiring from the CAS to the ECU. Everything is perfect. At this stage I am pretty convinced its an ECU fault. If the new ECU works fine I'll have to find somewhere to send the faulty one for repair.

• 3 weeks later...

So new ECU has the same problem. I'm really stumped by this. I can't believe noone else has had this issue. If anyone happens to have a brand new Power FC (V7) and wants to help me out, please PM me, would like to compare some data if possible

Although I have tried the base map with only my injector settings changed. Perhaps if someone has a tune that seems to work fine then I can load it into my Power FC and see how it goes. Preferably something with 555cc injectors and a Z32 AFM.

I'm really stumped I've tried just about everything :(

The issue was present in another S1 R33 that I tried it in but because it had far less mods you didnt notice it as much, could just visually see it on the hand controller that the timing was 10 degrees below were it should be and was a bit erratic.

• 6 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2013 at 5:32 PM, 89CAL said:

So new ECU has the same problem. I'm really stumped by this. I can't believe noone else has had this issue. If anyone happens to have a brand new Power FC (V7) and wants to help me out, please PM me, would like to compare some data if possible

Although I have tried the base map with only my injector settings changed. Perhaps if someone has a tune that seems to work fine then I can load it into my Power FC and see how it goes. Preferably something with 555cc injectors and a Z32 AFM.

I'm really stumped I've tried just about everything :(

The issue was present in another S1 R33 that I tried it in but because it had far less mods you didnt notice it as much, could just visually see it on the hand controller that the timing was 10 degrees below were it should be and was a bit erratic.

hey what did you end up finding on this CAL? I have a V7 and it does the same thing, goes full rich for a sec or 2 on gearchange/neutral before coming back up in the afrs. I just thought it was a maf reversion thing and hadn't thought too much of it until reading your thread.