SAU Community

Gtr Joey's R32 Gtr E-Flex, Twinscroll 83/75 Results

Sounds pretty close to mine (470kw, 20psi)...much the same spec but it is running E85 where as I'm only using 98.

Think I could maybe manage 500kw on E85, but after that I'm sure I would be seriously over speeding the 8374.

Lol i like the -9's on my old mans car but the 8374 is a good 600rpm more responsive from my experience :)

I have full boost before 3800 very happy with them won't change unless I want more power but 350kw is fine for me

I have full boost before 3800 very happy with them won't change unless I want more power but 350kw is fine for me

What if you could have full boost at 3300rpm and make another 120kw on top of that? :)

Edited by Sub Boy32

What if you could have full boost at 3300rpm and make another 120kw on top of that? :)

Then I have other issues with longevity of parts as I track the shit out of my car, hence why I'm not fussed to go over 400kw

What can you do to that setup to optimise it?

The stock manifolds are fine, we both use them, I believe it ran pods as it was a 32. The exhaust wasn't small. It's pretty much a no expense spared car.

It was simply take the -5's off and put the EFR on. Belts it every way possible. Low end grunt, too end power, comes on earlier and back on sooner between gears.

If you could do a back to back between twin EFR's and the single to see the difference, I think that would be interesting but comparing it to what realistically is dinosaur twins (-9's,-5's,2530's,RS's, the trust things) the EFR would belt the shit out of them. This car that I went in yesterday was cracking gates at 4200 on a nugget 2.6 in second gear. -9's wouldn't do that yet the 8374 would supply Atleast another 100 kw of grunt. Between gear, forget it. It was like the gates shut at all. As soon as the clutch was let back out, it was making a anti social noise again.

Hey don't call the 26 a nugget!

Then I have other issues with longevity of parts as I track the shit out of my car, hence why I'm not fussed to go over 400kw

Fair enough, I only take the car out to the track about three times a year and lunched the front diff one of the last times it went out......have since now put a Quaife ATB in it and have been out to the track with no problems other than my shit driving! Haha

.....I haven't run it on anything but 98, so the 470kw is on 98 :)

Thats great, 470kw on 98, easily over 500kw on E85 I would imagine :/

I am hoping for something similar, fully spooled around 3500rpm and 400awkw ish and I will be a happy camper :)

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Engine is ready

Some pics

Nitto I beam rods and custom pistons with a higher pin to improve rod to stroke ratio

post-47556-0-55413800-1423310207_thumb.jpg

post-47556-0-86388900-1423310273_thumb.jpg

Also some new tein shockies, off to race pace for revalvimg, thanks to Aaron for import monster for sourcing

post-47556-0-48533700-1423310367_thumb.jpg

Just a matter of putting the engine in and fixing small bits and peices Pete

The pistons cost me a bloody fortune as they are a custom one off.

I was supposed to go to Perth next week for work but that trips been cancelled, might have it running by the end of the month :D

all good, just get your finger out, if I cannot drive mine, I can at least get some enjoyment out of seeing yours finished and that big stupid grin on your mush :)

So you had the pistons made special for your car, what is the difference, the pin placement ?