SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

• 4 weeks later...

I recommend Glenn @ ESP.

He performed a full turbo swap on my GTR, fitted some other parts and had some issues along the way (typically the case with old cars). However it was all still completed in just over a week including (some) dyno tuning and other fiddling (my EBC is f**ked). I just left him alone and he called me throughout the process as issues were encountered, although the outcome wasn't 100% due to no fault of his, there no promises broken and no excuses made. Additional advice was provided by him on other things on the car also.

Exceptional service, great communication with no smooth talking BS, very reasonable hourly rate, always made time to discuss things he had done with me - unintiated - and answer subsequent questions. Most of all, a top notch job. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.

• 5 weeks later...

hey, i live in queensland and am looking at purchasing a '93 r32 gtr located in ACT,

was after any ideas on who/where would be a good place to get it inspected? as this will be done over the phone etc i really am looking for a trustworthy mechanic with expertise in GTR's

then of course i will fly down to inspect myself and prob purchase i hope

--have looked at trojan motorsport website, they look pretty good, been in same place since 2000 i see that as a pretty good sign for a performance garage.

Edited by stockr32gtr

• 1 month later...

Anyone had any feedback from Capital steering and Suspension, havent taken the car there for years, but have heard one or two bad stories. Received a very very good quote on some suspension work I need done, literally half the price of the other shop I asked for a quote off.

• 5 weeks later...

went to inline to replacing coilovers w/ oem. they did cheap, good, and fast job. went there 9.30, finished at 10.00 and its cheaper than pedders or capital steering & suspension. definitely will go back there again for swaybar etc.

anyone here got any recommendation for auto electrician? esp for boost sensor, and other sensors. i'm implementing gtr MFD to my N/a.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

so i have had a quick skim thru this thread....got some recommendations but they seem a little dated...any advice now/current for who to take my liner to for a service and all that???

anything at all would be helpful

:)

Hi all, just had my car at esp to have some work done on it. (Fit and tune Vi-pec and repair a problem another workshop had done). I must say and I rarely do this because I seem to have bad luck with mechanics but Glenn and Daniel gave excellent service which I have not seen in 20 years. I drove my car out of the work shop and wasn’t disappointed like I normally am after having work done on my car. Highly recommend them, like Paul ( swiper the fox 9sec gtr) said, you would have to be bonkers to take your car any were else.

Cheers Stephen

Hi all, just had my car at esp to have some work done on it. (Fit and tune Vi-pec and repair a problem another workshop had done). I must say and I rarely do this because I seem to have bad luck with mechanics but Glenn and Daniel gave excellent service which I have not seen in 20 years. I drove my car out of the work shop and wasn't disappointed like I normally am after having work done on my car. Highly recommend them, like Paul ( swiper the fox 9sec gtr) said, you would have to be bonkers to take your car any were else.

Cheers Stephen

+1 :blink:

I had a very good experience taking the MK3 Supra to ESP. The guys removed the failed combined water pump/hydraulic fan and replaced with a seperated system (water pump, and thermo). Serviced and tuned. They were friendly and great with advice. Supra runs like the powers now. Will be going back to get an after market puter and tune. Likely go from twin to single turbs as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Trojan has had some good feedback here. Have a look through this thread and see what people have said, perhaps come out to one of the friday night meets and see what people have to say about them as well.

Trojan has had some good feedback here. Have a look through this thread and see what people have said, perhaps come out to one of the friday night meets and see what people have to say about them as well.

Probably the best bet. The forum often houses positive reviews, people are more concerned about saying negative things in a public space such as this. These are general comments and not at all related to Trojan who for the tiny bit they did for me did a good job at a good price.

However for my turbos swap and tune and went with Glenn @ ESP who I was very happy with.

• 3 months later...

Just spoke to Grant at ESP. Called them in regards to servicing my new 370GT which is due in November. According to so many of the posts these guys sounded genuine, helpful, cost effective and most importantly - honest. Will be taking my car to them. Their address is: Extreme Street Performance, 171 Gilmore Road, Queanbeyan, 02 6299 4444.

They're good guys, straight to the point. A little over-cautious with some things (stock internal engines being tuned for powah lol) but otherwise, I'm very happy with the service I received from ESP. I hated the invoice though :ninja: but the job was done correctly as I would have liked it done.