SAU Community

Fitness Selfies Thread

ThrakiKing

Yeah just over a month on Birds' plan and I must say I'm seeing some good gains! Good to have Birds there, lets me know when my form is getting sloppy and how to fix it.

You'd see even more gains if you did some farkin squats and deadlifts. Tub of ice cream is automatically gonna go to Charlie if I don't see some leg work from you soon.

My problem with before pics, is that I fell into gym work...didn't start with a mission, so had no reason to take progress photos. Was a bit of an introvert before that, so rarely had photos taken of me let alone without a top on.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You'd see even more gains if you did some farkin squats and deadlifts. Tub of ice cream is automatically gonna go to Charlie if I don't see some leg work from you soon.

My problem with before pics, is that I fell into gym work...didn't start with a mission, so had no reason to take progress photos. Was a bit of an introvert before that, so rarely had photos taken of me let alone without a top on.

Haha true.. next time, peeps hogging up the rack tonight.

Surely you got a high-school shot or something, even if just a t-shirt on.

Damn. All these pics make me really want to see change already. All I've managed in the last year and a half is to lose some weight :/ know it's understandable but still :/ sooooooooon

Haha true.. next time, peeps hogging up the rack tonight.

Surely you got a high-school shot or something, even if just a t-shirt on.

Hmmm see what I can find. I looked like such a douche in high school, peroxided hair and everything.

I was going to ask someone to shoot a pic but thought that's not really in the spirit of the selfies thread... so after 100 shots of the top of my head or one fckn arm I managed to get a couple of decent ones... yeah I'm a hairy bastard

taking a photo of your own back has to rank among the top ten most difficult things a human can attempt... seriously

included a bi flex for the ladies... yeah I know, try and control yourselves lol

post-7369-0-92522800-1355230270_thumb.jpg

post-7369-0-10170200-1355230282_thumb.jpg

post-7369-0-10282000-1355230303_thumb.jpg

how is it that barbs gets banned and we still have that labomba homo here?

on topic, some good progress shots happening here.

From when I was 21 (im in the red) outfit is due to cruise theme party night.

25672_373603352547_4639584_n.jpg

Few months ago

20120831171813.jpg

Have put on about 5-6kg, still got a long way to go. Also need a tan................

Great progress guys. I've been training on and off for the last 5 years or so and have struggled to get much out of it.

Diet is my main thing. I eat fairly healthily but I drink a lot.

I'll see if I can get some progress pics up tonight.

P.s Who the hell is Barbs?

Just SAU Wasteland's resident racist/surpremist/Turk. He got banned as a result.

For the record:

Turkey = the sphincter of the universe

Turkish = The land of goat sphincter rings

Love them wordfilters.

Oh also even though I've posted it before elsewhere, I just HAVE to share once more LOL

ns4G7.jpg

FIGJAM: getting there slowly... keep eating!

If I were you I'd PM Simon (Husky33) and ask him how he trained and what he ate... and then do exactly that!

far too many abs in this thread... I'm jelly... I hope you all eat too much over Christmas and get fat lol

Edited by NickR33

Nick, great shots, love the bicep one lol.

What is your current workout?

cheers... you look in great shape but I'm not surprised with the volume of work you do every week! I couldn't keep up

I started powerlifting this year so going to pursue that... training is adjusted to suit but its pretty close to how I was training anyway... just more volume/weight

every session starts with a lower body heavy compound movement (squats, deadlifts, cleans etc)... this usually takes up half the session, coupled with some assistance movements... (box jumps, good mornings, back extensions, RDL, lunges etc)

then followed by a couple of upper body heavy compound movements... usually alternating between push, pull (bench press, overhead press, pull ups, rows etc)

lastly I do some isolation and prehab stuff... if I have time/energy... usually a combination of light dumbbells and cables (face pulls, reverse flyes, laterals etc)... mostly for the shoulders

every now and then I do some brocurling

No don't send me any pm's, i forget to reply to those things :)

Everyone knows what they have to do, it's not rocket science. However people make it a more complicated than it is.

You have to lift right, and you have to eat right. Not that hard.

When i ran my pt business, I'd have heaps of guys come in and say, "mate, i've been training for a few years, not really getting anywhere, what can I do?"

Can you deadliest 140kg? Nah, i don't really deadliest.

Ok, how often do you squat? What, squat?

And that's how it is everywhere. People want to look like these bodybuilders and their cross fit hero's, but they don't want to train the same way.

You have to lift heavy. For the first few years my program was basically 5x5 on everything, increasing weight whenever i could.

Heavy means heavy for you. It does't mean go and try to squat 100kgs over your max. It means hit your limits every training session. And keep adding on as you go.

Bodybuilders didn't get strong lifting light weights. People see them just doing 10 isolation exercises, so assume that's what they should be doing. But, do you see the weight they use for their isolation exercises?? It's not a pissy 20kg dumbbell curl. The stronger you are, the more weight you can use for your isolation exercises if you choose to do them.

Take cross fit for example. 80% of people doing them are dicks, and blab their mouth about how it's all about rep training and circuit training etc. But have you looked at the elite crossfiters, and the cross fit games. They are monsters. They can deadlift 240+, they can clean over 120, they snatch big weights, they squat big weights, they push press pretty big weights too.

You think they got that way training light?

No, they lift heavy. Because if you can do a few reps at a heavy thing, you can do more reps at a lighter thing.

From a wholistic point of view i would do some circuit training, tabata style things and even running, because you want to be good all-round. And everything will compliment each other in some way

So, in finishing lift heavy. In anything you do. It doesn't mean do 3 reps. I do 20 reps on things. But I lift as heavy as i can for those 20 reps.

In regards to diet, everyone knows. Eat clean and lots of it.

I used to manage a health food/supplement for a few years(boy do i have some stories), and I'd get girls/guys come in daily, asking what supplement to take for this, and what will help them for this. Then i'd ask their diet and it was average at best. They knew what they had to do, but they just wanted to buy something to replace it.

And these lazy people are the people that stay the same year after year.

In my opinion if your diet is not 100%, work on that, stop being lazy and stop making excuses.

And stop reading into this shit like a bunch of scientists. Fruit, vege's, eggs, meat, grains = healthy, fast food, chips, soft drink=not healthy, that's as in-depth as you have to go. People that go so deep into it are usually the people who are trying to find some magically combination. How about you just do what every other healthy, fit person out there does, and has done for the last who the f knows how many years :)

Anyway everyone knows this shit, it's just people don't listen