SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

That could make sense I have yet to put the PFC and boost controller on plus do all of the other work. Maybe sell it and buy a completed track car...

Oh and what is wrong with an RX8 :nyaanyaa:

I agree - they are very cool. In fact if they had 50-100 more kw I would own one right now. I was all geared up to buy one when they first came out, but just couldn't take the plunge for that amount of power.

A turbo kit would now solve that though :) *hint hint*

• Like 1

does anyone even know how much power they make, fuel consumption and the cost of the car b4 they say cool

Then on top of that, the cost to turbo it. They r a nice looking car tho

Full engine rebuild was completed by mildrens recently with a lot of work done... It is one clean car :)

So it's had a new rebuild already despite being a newish car.. welcome to the world of rotary

RX8 gets the nod over the other 2 as well....nice ride

SR20 and RB25 neo r miles infront

Edited by discoPumpkin

Standard they have 177kw & 230 Nm but only weigh 1200kg - A 33 GTST has 187kw and 294Nm and the Skyline weighs just short of 1400KG so there is not a huge difference from stock...

The rebuild was done because my mates car yard bought it as a trade in without checking it properly and the lady owner had let the sump run dry and had pretty much destroyed the engine. The work done to get it back to the yard for sale is exhaustive, 6 pages of parts and labour at over $8k at trade prices of work.

If I had got it done it would have cost me $10k plus for that amount of work even with my contacts. The motor is still being run in as it is only at 500km since done. It is so hard to keep it under 5000rpm at the moment ;) but I love my rotary's and know how to run in a new engine (I have blown a few in my time lol)

I will probably do the exhaust, air induction, ignition and spark upgrade, throttle response upgrade and then reflash the ecu for now.

That will take it up to about 203kw which will be ample for a daily :)

Oh and 0 to 100 it is faster than a 34 and a 33 hahaha

They weigh 1300kg , but a RB25 will make 350rwkw aswell as an SR20 but with a lot more torque then a rotary, where as your moor could make that power it just needs a lot more work and money

It's still a good daily driver tho, has all the electrics and comfort etc. Don't get me wrong nothing beats the sound of a rotor, I love them myself but u need deep pockets to run them but its good u got one that just was rebuilt.

ps keep feeding it plenty of oil so it doesn't run dry again

Like I said standard they make 177kw... there are plenty of RX8's that make 300kw + with about the same work as a skyline... $8k to $10k and you are there.

I have had plenty of Rotary's from 13B PP to 20B's with power that would shock and destroy most skylines... Only problem was average engine life between rebuilds was only 6 months when running those engines :(

• 2 weeks later...

Correct me if Im wrong.....

I baby my RB25 (rebuilt) these days. If I DO flatten it (very rarely, like once in 800kms) a nice cloud of black smoke is left behind.

Just carbon deposits in the exhaust, plus richness of tune?

I just saw this and thought it was funny.

A nightly prayer for the car enthusiast...

As I lay rubber down the street,
I pray for traction I can keep,
But if I spin and start to slide,
Please dear god protect my sweet ride.