SAU Community

Rb25 Chasing 300Rwkw Opinions

Hey,

I've got a S2 RB25DET and i'm basically chasing 300rwkw. As for mods i'm not 100% sure on what i'll do, I'm after opinions on what would be a succesful way of reaching my target.

Rough idea:

Spitfire coilpacks

Tomei Poncams

Tomei adj cam gears

555cc injectors

Walbro fuel pump

Pod filter ( already done )

Fmic ( already done )

Front facing plenum

3inch turbo back exhuast with hi flow car ( already done )

Nismo fuel reg

Nismo oil pump

I'm unsure of turbo setups to run, I want something responsive with a decent power output i have a few in mind but please opinions, and also the same for ECU, this is the first turbo car i'll be modifying and its going to be a build and opinions would be nice. I know i'll need a good tuner aswell

As i said i'm chasing 300rwkw, twin plate clutches would support that?

Edited by skyline32sup

How much are you prepared to spend? You can go from reasonably responsive 300-ish kw all the way to ultra responsive 300+kw and spend a very different sum of money.

An outright optimal 300kw setup would feature 6boost twin scroll manifold with twin wastegates, EFR7670 turbo, G4 Link ECU with Link boost control, a set of ID1000s and a Walbro E85 friendly 400+lph fuel pump. Then you could go E85/flex fuel and make well over 300kw...

Hey,

I've got a S2 RB25DET and i'm basically chasing 300rwkw. As for mods i'm not 100% sure on what i'll do, I'm after opinions on what would be a succesful way of reaching my target.

Rough idea:

Spitfire coilpacks

Tomei Poncams

Tomei adj cam gears

555cc injectors

Walbro fuel pump

Pod filter ( already done )

Fmic ( already done )

Front facing plenum

3inch turbo back exhuast with hi flow car ( already done )

Nismo fuel reg

Nismo oil pump

I'm unsure of turbo setups to run, I want something responsive with a decent power output i have a few in mind but please opinions, and also the same for ECU, this is the first turbo car i'll be modifying and its going to be a build and opinions would be nice. I know i'll need a good tuner aswell

As i said i'm chasing 300rwkw, twin plate clutches would support that?

if your in brissy you can use eflex, so forget the 555's and go 1000's, you could basically copy my setup without the gtx, cams and external gate.

a 3076 with 0.63 on eflex for maximum response and hit the 300kw.

Edited by AngryRBGTX

I've got some side feed 880cc injectors and a 3076R .82 about to be hitting the for sale thread.

They are off my RB25 which was making 306kw at 16psi. Std plenum, std cams, 3inch exhaust.

Pm me if interested.

If you MUST get 300rwkw on 98ron then a 3076 (56 trim) 0.82 is the minimum you will need. Even then you might not get there and depends on dyno as much as engine/tune. If you get a good exhaust manifold and use an external gate then you'd be more sure of making the magic number, but you'll still need the 0.82 and 1.3 bar.

A stock engine will last OK for street use, occasional track days and depends on how you use it/abuse it.

Also need 600+ cc injectors, perhaps the 740cc Nismo to allow E85 use in future?

I've got some side feed 880cc injectors and a 3076R .82 about to be hitting the for sale thread.

They are off my RB25 which was making 306kw at 16psi. Std plenum, std cams, 3inch exhaust.

Pm me if interested.

Pretty good power at 16psi, who tuned it?

I've got the 3076 on mine, with 555cc making 275rwkw, hoping 1000cc and a hiflow cat can get me 300 without e85

555's are enough for 300kw, probably not the issue, mine was limited to 280kw, tuner said some rb's can take more timing and others cant so dont expect things to change just like that, but obviously the exhaust must flow well..

Pretty good power at 16psi, who tuned it?

It was Unigroup or Jem, pretty sure Unigroup. I saw the dyno sheet when I bought the car off the previous owner.

Will be hitting the dyno again sometime next month once.