SAU Community

Front Mount Intercooler In A N/a Worth It?

OK, so I have a Subaru Liberty with a EZ30 (3L 6 cylinder thing) and I want to increase my powers using the ideas displayed here... but I have a few questions...

1. Do I install a FMIC (ie, what all the cool kids put on their modified WRXs and Liberty GTs) or am I better off getting a TMIC like a standard Liberty/WRX? Will I still need a (drag inducing) bonnet scoop if I choose the later?

2. The standard throttle body is fly by wire. Will my second throttle body need to be the same? Or will I get better results with a RB25 throttle body? As we all know that the equipment made by Nissan in the early '90s MUST be better than something Subaru made 10 years later

3. The standard air intake has a pre air filter resonator which I have removed to make my car sound like it has a pod filter (lolololol). Could I install a throttle body and pod filter here AND a throttle body and intercooler elsewhere, therefore bringing my car up to 3 throttle bodies and two intercoolers?

You will need to install a second accelerator pedal that you have to use with your left foot

THAT'S IT! I'll put a variable resistor on the clutch so that the second (and possibly third) throttle body opens when I ride the clutch! Riding the clutch puts less load on the engine and therefore makes more power! It will be like two power gains at once!

Eh, thread got gay.

I'm now switching to Team ARTZ. Let's go team!

Get farked. Thread got gay when I stopped posting.

Although I laughed a lot at Artz pic of a civic with an intercooled CAI.

Can't believe some f**k was dumb enough to do it for real. Must be a Honda thing.

Why not do it now and just enjoy the extra power until you've got a full licence? The power gains to be had with an intercooled naturally boosted CAI set up in an N/A are phenomenal when you consider how hard it is to get power out of an N/A.

Everything you use will be used again in the future when you turbo it.

Everyone is right, your car does look like a factory N/A, so it will have higher compression which means it won't be as fast/torquey as a low comp motor without the compression restricting it, but with my write up you can get a hell of a lot more power man :)

For even more gains you can remove your air flow meter, gut it and reinstall it. The AFM is only a restriction really. Literally a 10-15 minute job if you've got a big ass screwdriver to smash the guts out of it with and you'll gain 15 or so HP and your car will rev up much faster.

Think about where you started with cars and ask yourself if you think carrying anything past one mis-informed post is going to help anyone? sure, have a joke but seriously, you are convincing him you are right. Have a laugh, with one or two posts, make it completely obvious you are joking and move on.

Not cool

Think about where you started with cars and ask yourself if you think carrying anything past one mis-informed post is going to help anyone? sure, have a joke but seriously, you are convincing him you are right. Have a laugh, with one or two posts, make it completely obvious you are joking and move on.

Not cool

+1

i just figured he was trying to convince him that he was an idiot

Not cool

Have a sook.

There are plenty of people here saying that my suggestions won't work and a quick google should result in a complete lack of information regarding intercooled N/A's. If that's not enough to steer someone away from doing it, then so be it.

You digging this thread up may cause a gung ho idiot to read the first few pages, not bother reading the rest and put the parts on their car.

How would you feel if someone did that just because you were irresponsible enough to dig up shit some guy dribbled as a joke that had since been buried?

Not cool.

Edited by kawasakirider

Dude it's the NA section. Threads move slowly here. It was no where near buried. And the previous post was less than a day before his. Hardly a thread dig lol.

Edited by Hanaldo