SAU Community

Front Mount Intercooler In A N/a Worth It?

On a serious note, is anyone in Melbourne that could lend me two 4 stud wheels 15, 16 or 17 inch that I could use to take photos for a roadworthy tomorrow? $$$

On an even more serious note, do you even lift, Brah? One does not simply alternate between epic trolling and srs bsnss.

Since when was 2/1 a fraction :/

since the invention of fractions.

you can still put whole numbers into fractions.

they're just not the simplest roots.

eg: 40/160 same as 20/80 same as 4/16 same as 1/4

all fractions.

all the same value.

This has been a good read, I'm going to put a inter-cooler on my NA falcon now :yes:

Tube & fin or bar & plate?

Far out, some people don't read...

I never said CHANGE the throttle body. I said put one (an extra one) on the intercooler pipe work before the throttle body on the intake manifold.

The throttle body on the pipe work isn't attached to a cable. It just works off its own spring pressure. Once the intercooler fills up, the throttle body will be forced to open and then the air that enters the intake manifold is pressurised to a certain degree (roughly 6 psi depending on how strong the spring is on the throttle body).

The same result can be achieved with a valve but it's more effort. The throttle body has a large diameter and the butterfly opens and shuts by itself with the amount of air running past it. It's a very simple method. It also allows the car to idle because it doesn't shut completely.

It won't run QUITE as fast as a turboed car running 6 PSI, but it's a damn good increase for a little amount of work.

Gutting your AFM definitely increases your power a little bit, as there is less of a restriction to slow the air down.

You can run a little bit rich but that doesn't matter because you're forcing extra air into the engine. Don't gut the AFM unless you're fitting an intercooler and a means of controlling the air flow (valve or throttle body).

Just try it. If you don't like the results you can remove the parts and save them until you turbo the car, you're gunna need the parts anyway.

I once had an XE Falcon with a drag plate air flow meter. Just sayin, but the boys at Ford were onto all this sh!t years ago.

Tube & fin or bar & plate?

I once had an XE Falcon with a drag plate air flow meter. Just sayin, but the boys at Ford were onto all this sh!t years ago.

If you use bar and plate, don't for get to mount it vertically (pod topside), otherwise the air will fall out.