SAU Community

Front Mount Intercooler In A N/a Worth It?

where are you getting this garbage from....throttle bodies are completely closed you goose...until you push the accelerator air is bypassed through your idle control valve and that is what makes it run...when you push the accelerator the throttle body opens and air rushes into the engine cause the revs to rise so the car can move....its simple logic...but in your setup when i push the accelerator according to your "logic" there will only be a small amount of air in the pipe that wont last very long at all and thats assuming you have a leaky throttle body..so i very much doubt its going to last long enough to get the car up to a decent enough speed to create 6psi of boost in the intercooler.. I guesstimate this would take at least 20 mtres of driving...where is your air supply coming form for that 20 mtres?? and its going to take even longer to build up pressure if you have a leaky throttle body....

no throttle body is completely closed, or it would bind/seize with heat...

newer cars with electronic throttle bodies usually don't have iac's

Man I don't know if you guys are taking the shiat out of each other or if use are being serious, but fark this kawasakirider dude is taking the piss out of all of use and use are falling for it by the looks of it, dumb and dumber haha lol.

Use said it...

• Like 1

haters be hating.

I'm taking some of these ideas and stepping it up.

have a efi motor to go in my stang as I doubt this would work proper on a carby.

however

going bigger capacity cooler

stiffer spring on TB

using a air -> water intercooler with ice in the reserve tank.

should be kick arse.

haters be hating.

I'm taking some of these ideas and stepping it up.

have a efi motor to go in my stang as I doubt this would work proper on a carby.

however

going bigger capacity cooler

stiffer spring on TB

using a air -> water intercooler with ice in the reserve tank.

should be kick arse.

Build thread?

Long story short.

bought worst car int he world including front wheels 6 inch different mounting.

.got everything fixed, took car in for new starter motor they blew engine and said must have been like it when brought in.

car sat 4-5 years, got drunk at bathurst bought ef falcon for motor

stripped car.

soda blaster coming in this weekend, then new motor paint cruise

oh and Chip foose did a sketch for me

I've received quite a few PM's asking if I could piece together N/A intercooler kits for people.

The answer is no...

1. I don't know what car you have, every car is different (front bar etc) you'll need to mount your stuff so it works, selling a generic kit is bound to generate complaints as I can't be sure it will all fit properly.

2. If you can't plumb an intercooler and a throttle body together, you shouldn't be working on cars. Just enjoy the 100rwkw that your car puts out without my mods.

Sorry to be harsh, but it's that simple.

Edited by kawasakirider

Man I don't know if you guys are taking the shiat out of each other or if use are being serious, but fark this kawasakirider dude is taking the piss out of all of use and use are falling for it by the looks of it, dumb and dumber haha lol.

Nah mang. Use dun even no. Kwaka is straight up yo.

Only Juan?

I just told the whole of the N/A section how to gain ~40rwkw for $200 and still have change for beer.

Juan from me...I only have 1 a day to give out. I think everyone who has an N/A and wants to make 40+ KW should also give you some free internets as well.