SAU Community

Any One Used The Kls Gtr Low Mount Manifolds ?

Hey guys was thinking of trying the KLS gtr low mount manifolds on eBay instead of shelling out for Tommi which I know would be better but just out of curiosity has any used these and know if they are any good ie : increases flow quicker spool or just leaky peices of shit , any info on them would be appricated cheers mick

Had a set came in te boot when I bought my Gtr. When I did my turbo upgrade I was going to use them, but they dust fit properly so I went with HKS. I know that since ten they have changed the design a little. As for performance I can't give you any heads up.

Oh man i love this forum, you ask a question about something and someone tells you that you should just do something completely differnet. Least there were a responses to the actual question :yucky:

And that is the whole point of a forum - arm people with info they might not have realised so they don't waste money or put things on that might be sub-standard.

There is no difference between a set of ported stockers and Tomei. Don't waste your money, spend it elsewhere.

^ this.

Tomei crack, 4-5 people have had this issue in the past 18 months... Everyone else seems to use use stock ones in most cases so go with that.

Just ensure if you do port them, you don't remove too much material or the stock ones will also crack

Ok cheers fellers for info , ill look into porting std manifolds , what sort of cash does a port job sting on average , and anyone recommend a good shop to get the porting done ? Cheers

You are really only cleaning up the exhaust path, anyone with a die grinder can do it, but it's time consuming and messy. The other (more expensive) option is Power porting, or pumping an abrasive through them.

http://www.autospeed...orting&A=111154

Give me a yell if you can't find anyone local to die grind them, (I'm south east Melb) but any good fabricator or performance workshop will probably do it for you.

While working on the Gibson GTR I realised they used cast factory manifolds, with large hangers to hold the turbo's up when the metal went soft from heat. Smart move I thought and better than the little brace underneath that usually holds the turbo's up.

post-63525-0-06809200-1360502144_thumb.jpg