SAU Community

March Challenge - Bench Press

Birds

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leigh , work on your bench tecnique if you can for the next lifts. You need to practice changing the angles on your lift so you don't hurt your shoulders. Your vid shows there is lots of stress going onto the rotator cuff. Basically, see if you can take a slightly narrower grip and lower the weight in a slight arc to just below the nipples on the chest. Keep your shoulder blades retracted in the lift. It will feel initially weird but, give it a go and see if it helps.

leigh , work on your bench tecnique if you can for the next lifts. You need to practice changing the angles on your lift so you don't hurt your shoulders. Your vid shows there is lots of stress going onto the rotator cuff. Basically, see if you can take a slightly narrower grip and lower the weight in a slight arc to just below the nipples on the chest. Keep your shoulder blades retracted in the lift. It will feel initially weird but, give it a go and see if it helps.

cool i'll give it a go next time I'm at the gym cheers

Good advice!

Partner did 30 @50% bw today

lol she wins if you can put up a vid

Prolly should have made it 60%, as I read that females have 60% the upper body strength of males, but it wouldn't have made much difference. Well done to her!

Yeah I believe it fits the rules. Still on phone ATM, I'll put it up in coming days.

Looks like she has more left, she just stopped at 30.

Rev will have done 40 by then. Haha

Edited by jangles

lol she wins if you can put up a vid

Prolly should have made it 60%, as I read that females have 60% the upper body strength of males, but it wouldn't have made much difference. Well done to her!

Yes well I think the Kara's of this world make good exceptions for a level playing field ha ha... anyone bench 182kgs at 67kgs bodyweight?

She squats 275kg and deads 225kg.....ouch.

Edited by rev210

Yes well I think the Kara's of this world make good exceptions for a level playing field ha ha... anyone bench 182kgs at 67kgs bodyweight?

She squats 275kg and deads 225kg.

Come on Leesh and Charlie...lol

Farking...giving up on life now.

Slightly unimpressive deadlift? Only compared to the bench and squat...

You should throw up some before and after pics of weight loss in your thread (preferably Skyline window reflection). It's quite an achievement at your age (and gives me hope for the future lol).

on your suggestion I just posted in my thread on the build section. I don't have the skyline window tho' so they lack style.

Edited by rev210

Have John (SRS13)'s attempt ready to post, but we're having a bit of tricky trouble with emails and attachments not being forwarded at the moment. Should have it sorted tomorrow hopefully. Sorry John!

Have John (SRS13)'s attempt ready to post, but we're having a bit of tricky trouble with emails and attachments not being forwarded at the moment. Should have it sorted tomorrow hopefully. Sorry John!

No problems!

Sorry for the headache and thanks for helping out.

Claim is useless without vid...post up Troy. 9 reps is nothing to sneeze at.

cbf recording it unless I know I'm in contention for the win :P I'm happy enough with 9 reps of bodyweight though, so I'm not entirely disappointed. Hopefully I can get it up to video-worthy level before end of month :D