SAU Community

March Challenge - Bench Press

Birds

just did this for 95kg (rounded up from my present body weight of 93.6kg)

Got 17 reps out, which I was rather pleasantly shocked by. Pretty sure I have a few more there but, I am expecting to have lots of soreness from being very rusty. 20 might be in reach after all.

The missus home gym bench is pretty crap, it felt like it was going to give in/break . Very wobbly (you can see in the vid) and it's fairly high off the deck. It must only be rated to 100kg or something. There won't be any 1rm attempts on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3NT8-3xlHM

Edited by rev210

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work rev...if you have the weights for it, you're welcome to 92.5 as per the rules.

You're winning so far, but I hope to change that on Thursday :thumbsup:

Just typical ,only a few hours after doing this and I am fricken sore, safe to say this was too much too soon doh!

lol you always push yourself over the top. How did your shoulders hold up, any injuries? May get you back into bench...

Nah , rounded up is fine. I don't think it will matter too much. I'd rather drop body weight to 90kg and be done with it ha ha...

shoulders are solid. I have put work into them and my back. Not enough for me to go chasing 1rm just yet but, enough for this. I did some 105kg strict presses a few weeks back so benching below that weight should be alright.

You should throw up some before and after pics of weight loss in your thread (preferably Skyline window reflection). It's quite an achievement at your age (and gives me hope for the future lol).

Leigh and I did this fresh tonight...never again! It f**ked us good for the rest of our sets :( Couldn't even get my 1RM out tonight. Vids will be up tonight or tomorrow morning.

I really wanna try this, but im 3kg off benching my body weight :(

You can do the girls' one if you like, at half your bodyweight :P

Keep at it dude, honestly I think bench pressing your own bodyweight is a benchmark for anyone...I know I was pretty happy when I was able to do it.

Leigh

BW: 73kg

BP: 72.5kg x 12 reps

Leigh's form was a tad average, not touching the chest on a couple of reps...but for a first attempt and no back arch, I'm pretty happy. He's only been training with me for 4-5 months and has come a long way IMO, already putting up a 1RM of 90kg. Well done mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1lqKDXp_aA