SAU Community

Timmy's R34 Gtt

Fitted the wheels to the front today, pretty happy with the appearance, definitely keen to get another pair now though lol.

I realised just now that I only took one photo after putting them on though haha. I'll post some more later :)

0gg2.jpg

7eae.jpg

I've also realised that I have much more room to lower the front now that there are 225's on the front!! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home from Bathurst from competing in the first two rounds of the NSW State Hill Climb Championship. Day 1 was backwards up the Esses, unfortunately it was raining all day which slowed the times a bit, meant I had a bit of fun though ;) . Day 2 was from Mountain Straight up to McPhilamy Park, luckily it stopped raining that night and after the girst group of cars the track had dried up :) . I managed to pull off a third place for my class both days, even though my car was still setup exactly how I drifted it (nice and stiff) and running stretched Rotalla tyres on the rear of the car haha. YAY two trophies for me haha. I will post up more pics and vids tomorrow :)

uhlt.jpg

kkpp.jpg

• Like 1

I have to admit I was surprised seeing as it was a state level comp. I think I only managed it because I was (the tiniest bit) less scared of hitting a wall haha. Couple of videos uploading now so will post in the morning and will get some more uploaded during the day hopefully :)

• Like 1

Here is an inside view of my fastest run up the Esses. As you can see it is quite wet so there is definitely room for improvement :P

This is an outside view of my smoothest run up top of round 1

Edited by timmy_89
  • Like 2

One last video. View from the outside GoPro on my last run.

The clutch smelt very bad at the end of the first day after missing third gear and then kicking the shit out of it trying to get the car sliding up the top haha. It started to smell again at the end of the second day, so I am definitely in the market for a new clutch before the next event. I've got a quote from NPC and have tried calling Jim Berry but have had to leave a message. Once I hear back from him I will make a decision on which of the two I will go with and then buy it and hopefully get it all fitted before the motorkhana at Easter :) . Other than that the car performed faultlessly all weekend which is great :D

Do they allow screamers there?

The regs said 95db limit, but they didn't have anything to test it. There were a couple of cars running screamers and I'm sure they would have been at least 110db LOL. You'd fit in fine ;P