SAU Community

Timmy's R34 Gtt

Jack stand on the chassis, tsk :no:

Word of advice with the HICAS light, don't just remove the bulb. If you ever need to get the car inspected, the pits guys know to look for that. All the lights should come on when you switch the key to on, if it doesn't they know you have removed the bulb. Best way to get past it is to wire that bulb into one of the other bulbs, so that it will come on when the key is switched on.

Strangely enough they aren't worried about HICAS being deleted, just the fact the light doesn't work. They're an odd breed.

Where's best for the stands? :S

Thanks for the tip on the light. In Dubbo it wouldn't be much of an issue. Most people don't even know what a Skyline is let alone HICAS :P . Good to know though as I plan to go to Sydney for some events along the way :)

Just FYI for next time, those aren't pressure plates. They are the clutch plates.

I love guys who are DIY and hands on :) So good work mate.

My bad haha. Like I said I'm not the most mechanical person myself, and I was relying solely on my friend to get all the work done. I was just a work horse so to speak hahaha.

Thanks for the kind words :) Hopefully I get to do a bit more myself, I love actually working on cars (especially my own) but just don't have the full know how to do everything on my own lol.

Hey with the Hicas bar on R34 is it as important as with 33 ans 32s because i thought 34s have the electronic Hicas unlike the Hydraulic ones that eventually break.Shed some light on me if im in the dark.

Hey with the Hicas bar on R34 is it as important as with 33 ans 32s because i thought 34s have the electronic Hicas unlike the Hydraulic ones that eventually break.Shed some light on me if im in the dark.

Hey, I'm a little confused by what you're asking. Do you mean is it important to replace to prevent it from breaking? If so, I'm not too sure, I simply fitted the lock bar to get rid of the HICAS I was want to get track my car (when I eventually get to it). I did not read into the 'reliability' of the HICAS in R34's to know whether they are likely to break or not. The only 'advice' I can relay in regards to that is that my car has just over 150,000kms on it and I believe it was the original HICAS unit. Hopefully this helps.

HICAS is broken from the factory.

Competed in a motorkhana that was held locally today, such great fun. Was my first 'track day' excluding 1/8th mile drags. Had a blast and was surprised at how I went. Pics/vids to come throughout the week.

Here's a couple of links :)

Excuse the long starts, currently don't have any video editing software on my computer so these are just straight uploads.

Edited by timmy_89

• 2 weeks later...

Timmy which springs did you get? I have some incoming brand new bilsteins and searching round for a set of springs to match up!

I just bought second hand King Springs on ebay (I plan to fit coilovers at some point so didn't want to buy new).

I'm pretty sure King Springs only have one model number for front and one for rear so whatever that is sorry lol. I can look for pictures of the model numbers if you are stuck.

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Competed in a local 1/8th mile drag meet today. Was good fun, even managed to take out the win in the bracket I was put into.

Photo from setting up in the morning.

gopr0002t.jpg

Trophy ^_^

97212110152842147795274.jpg

Will post some vids up when I get the chance during the week :)

• Like 1

Here is a phone video, I'm yet to go through the GoPro footage.

Excuse the bad camera zooming (friend doesn't know how to use phone camera apparently :P) and the commentating. The guys that run it often talk crap but it's usually amusing haha.

• 3 weeks later...