SAU Community

Fatz Gtr Reliability Testing

Hey mate Its interesting seeing how long the stock gtr motor will last. They dont seem to hold up very well on the track at all in stock form and require a lot of money and someone who knows how to build them to get them reliable on the track. I don't recommend anyone tracking there gtr unless they have a properly built motor otherwise its just a matter of time before it lets go, as you can see from the results from your thread. I think you have been a bit lucky and smart (by holding the revs back) that your motor has lasted this long. I think this thread is a good lesson to first time gtr owners who want to go to the track. So whats the specs on the new motor?

Next motor will be just a used r33 with good compression

Will add some pom cams, larg sump, front LSD, new oil pump, new belts, Nismo plenum. Revised oil drain arrangement and some new oil

Will also slap my to4z on with 6 gets, wide and and oil pressure protection on the computer

• Like 1

Hey mate Its interesting seeing how long the stock gtr motor will last. They dont seem to hold up very well on the track at all in stock form and require a lot of money and someone who knows how to build them to get them reliable on the track. I don't recommend anyone tracking there gtr unless they have a properly built motor otherwise its just a matter of time before it lets go, as you can see from the results from your thread. I think you have been a bit lucky and smart (by holding the revs back) that your motor has lasted this long. I think this thread is a good lesson to first time gtr owners who want to go to the track. So whats the specs on the new motor?

Interesting theory

With some common sense and engine like the one in this car will go for anther year as is

Having said that now it's surey going to throw a rod next track day

Yeah I hope so, will be good to see how far it will go. Next motor is looking good mate. Should be a lot of fun!

With some common sense and engine like the one in this car will go for anther year as is

Will you build up the motor at all at some time? Would be interesting to see compression results after each track day with a built motor

The old and dated TO4Z. Farrk they still look completely awesome but. I wish HKS would do a revise on there turbos and bring out new billet wheeled turbos. FAT CHANCE but.

Build looks like it's alot of fun for yourself and Jenna. Good luck with it all guys.

Cheers Josh

Yea I was tot to go a new billet turbo for a extra 1k spool

But the cost is just stupid with all the fiddly bits

Hks= bolt on no f**king around as well, can be installed without thinking on the weekend while having a beer

In other new someone gave me a just china carbon front grill.... IT was so unbelievably shit( not even close to fitting), dont buy that shit

Catch can is a craved getting moded and the new setup is underway to keep the engine going for a few more weeks

welllllll!

so i did a cold compression test last night

i will do a hot compression test as well over the weekend

looks like i may have found my excessive blow bye issue

turns out that a 16 year old engine doesnt like thrashing over the last 4 track days

so what am i to do? ( epic 4 year build thread like most people here?, normal skyline owners would put it up for sale and not mention it to the poor new owner)

me ill add a extra catch can and some mines baffels and take her back to the track

i must say i was hoping this thread would go for years prior to unwrapping teh backup motor, but it look like that will be happening sooner, mind you ill back the revs off and boost off and it could go for a another year( touch wood)

Hey Fat Man! You are getting soooooooo flash, sorta like a rat with a gold tooth. :) Cheater tyres, lightweight wheels, you're worse than me!

Refreshing to see you are not just putting it up for sale with an engine that blows the dipstick out. You'd never do a thing like that hey? Just kidding big fella, it's great to see the work you are doing on this car.

We need to catch up properly soon. I'll see if I can rustle up a couple of spare livers.

...Ben

So upgraded the catch can and put the fat arse sparco in

Sparco is good because my arse now sits on the base and I have more head room, where as previously I was wedged in and didn't touch the bottom lol

post-219-0-60281300-1375186977_thumb.jpg

phillip island 6 hour done and dusted

good weekend, first session i split a cv boot and warrped the fark outr of the front rotors

so did the rest of the weekend taking it very easy on the brakes and listening to the front drivers cv click away

was luck sunday it rained and i didnt have to use the brakes as much

great event +some completely stupid driving + 50 cars on teh track = it awesome fun out there

rain and gtr means you get to overtake about 20 cars a lap

post-219-0-66487400-1375760566_thumb.jpg

phillip island 6 hour done and dusted

good weekend, first session i split a cv boot and warrped the fark outr of the front rotors

so did the rest of the weekend taking it very easy on the brakes and listening to the front drivers cv click away

was luck sunday it rained and i didnt have to use the brakes as much

great event +some completely stupid driving + 50 cars on teh track = it awesome fun out there

rain and gtr means you get to overtake about 20 cars a lap

Ouch!!!

yea there were heaps of awesome stacks

the saturday afternoon drivers breifing was funny as

"the standard of driving out there is farken shocking!.... you all need to have a good look at yourself"

i fit right in