SAU Community

Rb Lifestyle...russian Bcnr33 Build,

Twin disco potatoes hell yah!! Haven't come acorss many GTR's with these turbos, custom manifold obviously? That is gona have so much mid range pull and top ends gona be insane,

will u have access to a dyno or not?

Edited by discoPumpkin

Twin disco potatoes hell yah!! Haven't come acorss many GTR's with these turbos, custom manifold obviously? That is gona have so much mid range pull and top ends gona be insane,

will u have access to a dyno or not?

Yeah, that were good turbos, but we changed them for GT3576 analog, i'll post about it below, we have dynoes in St. Petersburg,, but i've never dynoed my car.

Cheers

After one of my 2860s stuffed I made my mind to install single turbo, friend of mine adviced me to try 3576 chinese replica, we brought it, and chinese made downpipe, installed it all, and made Y-type intake.

25d5948s-960.jpg

a5d5948s-960.jpg

c5d5948s-960.jpg

75d5948s-960.jpg

as we didnt have appropriate ECU we used old unit with mine's chip, AF was a little bit rich. but it was ok.

P.S Interesting red car to the right, what is this ?)

• 2 months later...

Now might be a good time to get a proper ECU and put it on a dyno to see how it really goes.

It also might be a bit safer once tuned.

Hi, new turbo on it's way to me, ETA is 20 days, so too early to talk about dynoruns.

I have Nistune ECU lyng on the shelf and waiting.

Is Nistune good ECU ? May be I should look for another thing ?

Hi SAU again, i'd been absent for a while - new job devoured my time completely and still doing that, now i understand that this season is lost for me, to the end of september-first decade of october car will be jailed in the garadge, because road conditions will be slightly hard for GTR

DSC_5068.jpg

its very mild amount of snow on the picture, it will last till May 2014, usually it looks like that

0_845a8_a2fda49_XL-670x502.jpg

now todo list for a winter (Part 1) :

- completely disassemble the car, engine, drivetrain, saloon out

- body overhaul, rust extermination, everything too rusty will be cut and replaced

Here is a question, what is the best technolodgy to get rid of rust, consecution of repaint, materials, paints, primers, what you do, wnen you repainting your baby ?

- oversized oilpump

what is good, Tomei, Grex,HKS or else ?

- replace my old shattered driveshaft

is aluminium driveshaft good idea ?

As always i hope on you knowlege and kindness.

Cheers, Dim.

Edited by vulgar_russian

Hey mate. For rust I think a lot of the hot rodders use POR15 but if you jump on the forums they use anything from fishoil to mineral engine oil. Depends on if you want professional finish or just practical. Good thing about fishoil is that it's thin enough to penetrate the seams and dries thick to create a barrier. If your roads a salted then there is heaps of info on US and UK motoring sites.

Oil pump choice is up to you but more important is the oil control mods that need to be made for the rebuild relevant to the pump you install. Heaps of info on the forum.

Drive shaft...just get a stock one or a few if you are prone to breaking them.

Good luck

Hi, new turbo on it's way to me, ETA is 20 days, so too early to talk about dynoruns.

I have Nistune ECU lyng on the shelf and waiting.

Is Nistune good ECU ? May be I should look for another thing ?

There are better options out there but the Nistune will be fine.

Keep us posted mate, loving the winter pics.

Hey mate. For rust I think a lot of the hot rodders use POR15 but if you jump on the forums they use anything from fishoil to mineral engine oil. Depends on if you want professional finish or just practical. Good thing about fishoil is that it's thin enough to penetrate the seams and dries thick to create a barrier. If your roads a salted then there is heaps of info on US and UK motoring sites.

Oil pump choice is up to you but more important is the oil control mods that need to be made for the rebuild relevant to the pump you install. Heaps of info on the forum.

Drive shaft...just get a stock one or a few if you are prone to breaking them.

Good luck

Cheers ! Our roads salted as hell, besides we have 96-98% humidity during winter,spring and autumn, this winter salt have deposited on the wires, shortcut them and quarter of city find out itself without electricity.

Yes, i want the best professional painting i can do.

Can you give me a clue about oil control mods ?

Thanks for answering mate.

P.S Here a couple of winter shots of Saint Petersburg.

0_890dc_161592a3_XXL.jpg0_890dd_c49d5309_XXL.jpg

Edited by vulgar_russian
  • Like 1

Ha ha oil control and rb engines!!

There is so much discussion on this topic. Best to speak directly to the gurus about this. From what I have read it depends on your application, things to consider are what oil pump you are using, then oil gallery restrictors, sump baffles, catch can setup. But seeing that oil flow and control is so important especially when you start revving them past 7k, I would get my advice from someone who has done their own r&d and have proven setup. Its not something I would be doing without a proven formula. Maybe give an engine builder a call to discuss you application.

Ha ha oil control and rb engines!!

There is so much discussion on this topic. Best to speak directly to the gurus about this. From what I have read it depends on your application, things to consider are what oil pump you are using, then oil gallery restrictors, sump baffles, catch can setup. But seeing that oil flow and control is so important especially when you start revving them past 7k, I would get my advice from someone who has done their own r&d and have proven setup. Its not something I would be doing without a proven formula. Maybe give an engine builder a call to discuss you application.

Who are the gurus ?! Name em !!! )))

• 3 weeks later...