SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

awesome progress mate, bet you must be chomping at the bit for a drive by now :)

Hanging to drive it, but its first outing next week ill be flying interstate for a few days so dean and Brett will have to text me the results.

Front upper suspension nismo

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'd suggest talking to John from UAS about his custom upper control arms that prevent binding throughout suspension movement.

Here is a link: http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/Parts-Shop/uas-pivot-bearing-adjustable-top-control-arms-564.aspx

I would support Russell's comments on these upper suspension arms as they are a good piece of kit.

When the top arm moves through the suspension travel range the top arm attempts to twist which it cannot normally do and instead it chops out you top arm bushes. This design has a pivot point in the middle of the arm which allows rotation reducing friction and saving your bushes from damage.

To test this if you take the spring out of your front coil over and push the suspension up through the travel range you will feel the friction as the suspension attempts to twist the top arm. With these UAS arms in place the suspension movement has this friction removed because the top arm can twist on the pivot point as it moves up through the suspension travel range.

I would support Russell's comments on these upper suspension arms as they are a good piece of kit.

When the top arm moves through the suspension travel range the top arm attempts to twist which it cannot normally do and instead it chops out you top arm bushes. This design has a pivot point in the middle of the arm which allows rotation reducing friction and saving your bushes from damage.

To test this if you take the spring out of your front coil over and push the suspension up through the travel range you will feel the friction as the suspension attempts to twist the top arm. With these UAS arms in place the suspension movement has this friction removed because the top arm can twist on the pivot point as it moves up through the suspension travel range.

Or just replace the Nissan inner upper arm mount with a Nismo one and the problem goes away.

Or just replace the Nissan inner upper arm mount with a Nismo one and the problem goes away.

I just had a look at the Nismo mounts (in a kit) and they are about the same money if not more than the UAS arms and the Nismo kit still isn't going to give as much camber as you actually want even with the extended LCA's.

Mind you I have the UAS arms and also want the Nismo mounts and LCA's... Just too expensive to justify at the moment

• Like 1

I just had a look at the Nismo mounts (in a kit) and they are about the same money if not more than the UAS arms and the Nismo kit still isn't going to give as much camber as you actually want even with the extended LCA's.

Mind you I have the UAS arms and also want the Nismo mounts and LCA's... Just too expensive to justify at the moment

Well the Nismo mounts are really just standard mounts with relocated holes for the arm to bolt into. So if you want to do what half the race cars have on them and relocate the holes there isnt much stopping you from butchering a stock bracket. The LCA is a different story, obviously. Someone has a set of LCA's & Nismo castor rods for $500. From memory the LCA gives you +5mm. Either Bri73y or stevena were selling them. Anyway you go fast enough so stop scaring the WASCC beards.