SAU Community

July Photo Thread

FST513

Where are the pics people! Damn it's been quiet in here. Although, so have I. Been busy.

Anyway, here's one you might of seen. Shot on the side of the road in the hunter whilst sipping on some wine. If you haven't been, highly recommend it!

EDIT: Posted this off my phone and clearly it's compressed pretty bad :( Damn. Oh well. You get the picture. CWUTIDIDTHAR?!

9245323224_0d31790371_o.jpg

Edited by FST513

Here's one i took. A bit of editing, obviously, and still very very new to photography. Also, have new bulbs in my tail lights so can't wait to take new pics, them rings look even better now.

post-99360-0-13676500-1373337863_thumb.jpg

Where are the pics people! Damn it's been quiet in here. Although, so have I. Been busy.

Anyway, here's one you might of seen. Shot on the side of the road in the hunter whilst sipping on some wine. If you haven't been, highly recommend it!

EDIT: Posted this off my phone and clearly it's compressed pretty bad :( Damn. Oh well. You get the picture. CWUTIDIDTHAR?!

Its the HDR. Too much HDR and too much photochop has killed photography for anyone not wanting to spend endless hours fking about with multiple exposures of the same scene. It is just out of control.

9245323224_0d31790371_o.jpg

Great pic. What a view! Nice car as well :P

I have noticed there is a big HDR phase going through car photography at the moment.

The shot i posted was not HDR though. I don't do HDR on car photos or barely anything actually.

Car we picked up last night for my mate :D
First time using PS. Open to criticism what i did right/wrong.

It's a good shot for a documentary shot. Doesn't look like you were trying anything here so can't really criticise or anything unless i know what you were trying.

Nice car though! Hope the apex seals last :D

mind explaining what's good/bad about the HDR phase?

Done well on landscape shots etc it allow the photo to be more like what you see with your eye as the final image has the high dynamic range that the name suggests. So the dark bits arent so dark and the light bits arent overexposed.

But you can select too much range and this ends up giving the photo a sort of artificial/chrome look to them. And you see that everywhere - in car mags, on websites. It is just overdone and everywhere and to be honest I am over it.

Eg

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/03/10/35-fantastic-hdr-pictures/

Not fantastic IMHO. I just wish the grown up photographers would use it less.

I've got a couple more shots from holiday. But I do have to admit to being a bit lazy. Even though I brought three cameras (FZ200, GH2 and Sony Action Cam) I pretty much did all my shooting with the point and shoot FZ200.

It has nearly fit my needs for a Full HD Video, extra long and decent wide zoom, and hi-frame rate slow mo video. Just the sensor is small and gets noisy as light drops.

1047866_621762461182339_1970724783_o.jpg1052293_623585327666719_1180287509_o.jpg

That old pac shot is pretty rad.

HDR 99.% kills shots. Well, if you can tell it's HDR anyway. Best HDR are ones where you can't tell I reckon. There are exceptions to the rule though, like everything. Look up Trey Ratcliff. http://www.stuckincustoms.com/ He's hardcore HDR but he does it really well and tastefully!

nice work Dan!