SAU Community

Richos R33 Gtst

ssxRicho

Car will be back out shaking off the cob webs from WTAC 2014 soon.

Replacing gear, engine and brake fluids is the first point on the agenda.

10873622_1033344883348348_10470137390601

I'm still deciding on the aero department, so the car will be out as is from last year to start with.

Will target changes for May in time to testing before NSW Time Attack in June.

• 2 weeks later...

Great build thread mate, love the simple DIY work, I can appreciate that more then someone spending tonnes of cash.

I've seen the car in action a few times along the way, will have to say hi next time I see the car around :)

• 1 month later...

It's been quiet on the car front recently with the mistress spending some time with another man at McQueen Motorsport / Hoppers Stoppers.

With the car faster than 40% of the open class field at World Time Attack Challenge last year and the oldest car in the top 10 of club sprint, the cage was a self imposed requirement.

I'm never going to be happy with the performance and will always want more out of it. The recent track day at Phillip Island highlighted a few major areas to ...work on to get more time out of it. Bigger brakes all round, more aero performance among them. The budget won't stretch as far to solve these areas this year, we are just going to have to find the time elsewhere.

Entry for the big event this year is $1,000 alone plus travel, accom etc. There is a very big question now IF I'm going to sign up at all.

Thanks for everyone's support thus far MOTUL Australia - Cars, Chequered Tuning, Tao Shangguan and everyone else that has helped.

post-59171-0-41927500-1427179432_thumb.jpg

post-59171-0-03794300-1427179516_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The seat mount has been customised by the guys, so the height of the bar is a little misleading. It's not as easy to get in as before that's for sure.

I have only jumped in and out of mine a few times since its been finished and its not a pretty sight :laugh:

Not sure what is worse, getting in or getting out...

Do those A pillar bars restrict your view in any way?

Like you, I've only sat in it a couple of times. I haven't noticed any restriction to the view yet.

Trimming the dash and re-fitting the window over the next week and at the track on the 4th. So will be a good test.

Like you, I've only sat in it a couple of times. I haven't noticed any restriction to the view yet.

Trimming the dash and re-fitting the window over the next week and at the track on the 4th. So will be a good test.

Awesome mate! Look forward to hearing how you go...