SAU Community

Richos R33 Gtst

ssxRicho

Richo, you are my hero.

So many things to learn from this build! It's great, hopefully will learn a few more things from you when I get mine out on Sandown and Winton closer to end of year.

Looking at doing more running in September before WTAC. I've got a new turbo, which will boost power a little. But I'm umming and arrring around swapping the manifold out for a larger side mount, more so to help with EGT and keep everything happy.

*tips hat to you* Very inspirational thread. And I'm so glad that a grassroots theory and practise approach is working so well for you! Can't wait to see you attack Sydney Motorsports Park in October! I'll be there to cheer you on.

Sad you couldn't make it to the MelbS15 track day, heard you had diff problems :( Anyways, I'm sure we will hit the track again soon! Sadly I wont be able to pose any serious competition for you lol.

You are very lucky to have a great team of family and friends to make your racing project a reality!!! ;)

Yeh the diff ingested itself the weekend before the MelbS15 day. Was looking forward too it.

More work on the car this weekend. Current turbo comes off and on with a new prototype from Hypergear. Which needs some additional pipe work etc, so will have to wait on that.

We still need to finish the rear diffuser and brake ducts at the front of the car. Then get the front bar painted.

For the moment, I think I'm going to stick with my brothers non ABS 1.5 way diff.

• 1 month later...

mmmm, work has been getting in the way...

Car goes in for a tune next Wednesday. Doesn't look like I'll get any testing in beforehand. But the car is relatively setup, it's just the increased power factor.

mmmm, work has been getting in the way...

Car goes in for a tune next Wednesday. Doesn't look like I'll get any testing in beforehand. But the car is relatively setup, it's just the increased power factor.

Good luck for this, looking forward to seeing an (or a few) R33 going nicely at the event :) What is the new turbo?

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the road to wtac.

Trent put in a big effort to tune the car while getting thier car ready last week.

This is hypergears latest highflow. its a stock 21U exhaust housing with an ss1 comp housing and some trick customised wheels.

For something that cost under $900, its a good thing.

it wants more boost, but my engine is tired and has stock valve springs.

7EB21E65-AB6E-41C1-8645-85BD178051BB-145

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu82/ssxricho/3D8962FE-3331-4FF3-AE3B-51183C26E92E-1455-0000017E8079BFA5_zps26009329.jpg[\img]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

sob of a weekend.

we kept blowing cooler pipes, constantly. got very few laps in, there is more in learning the track and setting the car up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR57yy7SS0o

in previous spec the car did a 47 around PI on ad08's. I'd expect a 43 in current trim and a 40 on a050's.