SAU Community

Richos R33 Gtst

ssxRicho

On my evo the oem side mount oil cooler (even though it gets air from the front of the car) doesn't evacuate into the wheel well efficiently and temps skyrocket after a few laps on a hot day.

I've rigged up a water spray which I need to better test, but should help.

Just thinking you might need something similar or use a 12v fan if airflow isn't available.

Ps. my r34 loves the oil cooler in front of the radiator.

• Like 1

On my evo the oem side mount oil cooler (even though it gets air from the front of the car) doesn't evacuate into the wheel well efficiently and temps skyrocket after a few laps on a hot day.

Just thinking you might need something similar or use a 12v fan if airflow isn't available.

Really, I found the oil temps lower with it in that location.

• Like 1

Problem with it in front of your radiator is it can cause coolant temp problems on the track. To solve air flow issues with it side mounted you can Swiss cheese the inner guard if your still running it

Problem with it in front of your radiator is it can cause coolant temp problems on the track. To solve air flow issues with it side mounted you can Swiss cheese the inner guard if your still running it

Not sure if you saw, there is a major air flow issue. No air getting to it.

I'm not running guide liners at the moment, but will be when I've got time to make some.

I did think about re-locating in-between the intercooler and the radiator. But I want to keep water temps as low as possible. I've run it there previously and both water and oil temps were higher under sustained load.

Work on the car last night.

IMG_21351.jpg

As is always the case, things take a while. It was 7PM before we left finally.

18696_701058343243672_1788806725_n.jpg

Then to wake up the next morning to a missing left wing end plate (fasteners came loose, lost it on the hwy somewhere) and ice.

1098198_701326186550221_650172167_n.jpg

Anyway the old man went and hunted around some local farms, found some alloy and cut it to shape.

550986_701395986543241_926866434_n.jpg

Fog to start the day followed by misty rain, then heavier rain, then cold wind.

282811_546097788759634_416391411_n.jpg

Ran the first session without the splitter. I hadn't run Winton with no ABS before, new tyres and new brake pads, in the wet...so just in case I went off. No splitter.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

1.35 on a drying track pedaling around at 80% bedding things in. I thought for sure I was on A050's, the AD08R straight off the bat surprised me. Seems like they are going to live up to their hype.

You can see the NACA duct here, doh!

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

• Like 1

With the splitter on now, 1.34 again on a drying track (the damn rain kept coming through).

Not sure what the temp was, cold! mother F$%ing cold.

Dropped the pressures back to 30-31 hot

1.33.38 on AD08R's, street tyres. Love em, such a progressive and predictable tyre. Did a lot of laps in both wet and dry during the day, 40'ish. Tyres still look very new.

After working on the car all week after work and 16 hours on Friday, I was pretty tired and my brain started going off in the last session I did. 1.32.8 was the optimal time on the lap timer for the day and that was easily achievable. I made mistakes on all my hot laps in the last session. With more practice without ABS (this is only my 3rd time) and a more speed conducive day 1.31's are a go'er.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

• Like 1