SAU Community

Diy: Stop Hicas Warning Light (Without Bulb Removal)

I reckon the easiest way is to pop the pin from the relevant wire out of the plug and elec tape it to the loom . It doesn't take much longer and is reversible , not that you'd want to but why butcher something if doing it this way is so easy ?

A .

It's actually a little harder :)

I started with a small screw driver than just gave up so side cutters and headshrinks came out

Hey guys i just removed my hicas n put in the lockout bar and the HICAS light was on, so i cut that green wire and now i got no power steering?? has anyone else had this problem?? Oh and it come out of a r34 gtt...

Hey guys i just removed my hicas n put in the lockout bar and the HICAS light was on, so i cut that green wire and now i got no power steering?? has anyone else had this problem?? Oh and it come out of a r34 gtt...

you sure you cut the right pin? please use the schematic I posted on the first page

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the bump

Ive just removed the entire hicas system in my track car.

I didn't realize that power steering could be an issue.

Ive removef the entire hicas system including ecu and all the wiring back up the car.

Am I going to have issues???

• 3 weeks later...

The power steer resivour dipstick has a magnetic reed switch in it,

the float on dipstick has the magnet, and reed switch is inside the dipstick.

Reed switch inside the dipstick can fail, I repaired mine a few yrs back.

If your switch has failed. the switch has a inline plug, unplug it, if light goes out then you have found the problem,

the switch is faulty

Jaycar had a new reed switch for $2 I pulled the wires with gromet intact out of dipstick paying close attention to correct height. took a solder iron to it and replaced reed.

easy and cheap fix.

solution = light went out.

cheers

Edited by nobby

• 1 month later...

Guys, just a little addition for those wanting to remove the pin from the loom plug rather than cutting the wire.

After about 15 mins trying to push the pin out, noticed there was this grey cover on the plug. If you lift that up you can get to the latch which holds the pin in. I just used a tiny flat head screwdriver to lift up the latch thingy while pulling on the wire. This was on a Series 1 R33 Gtst, but hopefully is much the same for others.

post-83859-0-91684000-1392447742_thumb.jpg

Thanks Johnny for this wiring tip. Got it sorted today after lock bar install, and no more HICAS warning ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just got all the hicas pulled out of my car,R32 gtr 1990 model and the mechanic said pull the globe out.Was checking out this post thats says pin 15 but my workshop manual says pin20 feeds the warning light,so maybe R32s are different???Anyone else here done it to this model?

Where in the boot is the hicas Ecu on an r34?

I believe if you open the boot, squat down, and look directly in.. You should see it.

It may be covered by a panel of felt/boot material, but yeah.

Edited by sleptema