SAU Community

R33 Gtr Accident At The Lowdown & Garage 88 Meet

Anyone here own the R33 GTR that was involved in an accident at The Lowdown & Garage 88 meet last night?

I wasn't there but saw this on Facebook this morning:

399195_616978858322798_871856603_n.jpg

"3 cars were written off at THE-LOWDOWN x Garage 88 meet last night making last night's meet the most dangerous meet our community has had to date. "

Story goes, S14 making a U-turn, Hero Evo ripped over the hill at 90+, hit the S14, sending it into the GTR above.

Terrible go. Feel bad for the poor GTR sitting on the sideline. Also for the S14 driver who i hear was doing a LEGAL uturn.

Hope levi has a speedy recovery!

There's always one that spoils it for everyone.

httphttp://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?57203-YOU-RE-responsible!-Team-S14

for those interested in reading a bit more. also a post on the jdmst facebook page.

the s14 owner apparently IS hurt.

And from what I just read, is going to be at fault

A comment on that post:

as someone who saw and witnessed this whole thing unfold in front of me the aftermath of it all it is a very sad thing to happen.

1. evo driver was an absolute idiot trying to show off and fanging it down the street (the cause of all of this).

2. S14 does a u turn (no double lines etc so perfectly legal). obviously got hit and pushed into gtr.

3. gtr that was parked on the side of the road that got hit was unregistered and uninsured. although not the smartest move to drive an unregod car i feel sorry for him as his car was just parked in the wrong place at the wrong time.

4. talking to the cops afterwards it seems as though the evo will not be at fault and the guy in the s14 will be as doing a u turn in front of an oncoming vehicle puts you at fault no matter the other persons speed etc. this is complete and utter bullshit imo. if people hadve been doing the speed limit and used a bit of common sense and thought 'hey theres people/cars around how about i slow down a bit' this would never had happened.

this brings me onto my next point.

5. the two f**kwits who after witnessing these events and driving past deciding to do burnouts and skids 10m down the road in a street now littered with hundreds of people (both spectating and trying to help the people involved in the crash).

-95.GRUB (rodeo ute)

-BS-15-ES (r31 skyline)

You two are absolute grade A morons.

• Like 1

From what I heard the S14 owner was doing a U-turn near a crest, which I don't think is the smartest move especially outside a meet, and an Evo which was in the process of tearing it up down the street then made contact with the rear quarter of the S14.

God it would suck to be involved in that mess.

If the 33R is unregistered and uninsured whats options does he have?

Makes you wonder what an unrego'd car is doing on the road in the first place. Unless it had a permit, kind serves him right.

And before anyone flames, I've experience this first hand, and to drive/ride an unreg vehicle on the road is just asking for trouble.

Edited by colourclassic

other than the poor GTR owner, reads like natural selection at work.

huh? It didn't have rego... Why was it on the street. If the car was in perfect driving condition (he drove it there) how hard would it have been to get rego.

And, turning right when no on coming cars where present isn't a stupid thing. The stupid thing is having someone going 140k+ in a 50-60k zone heading towards you over a crest.

(I wasn't there, this is coming from what I've read and the location of where it happened)

Well they are australias greatest posers, did anyone expect them to have driving talent?

I with the guy above

lol I've never been to one of the jdmst meets, But I always thought they were a bunch of trendy hipsters having a fashion contest.

Edited by dyl33
  • Like 1

God it would suck to be involved in that mess.

If the 33R is unregistered and uninsured whats options does he have?

repair the car out of his own pocket or sell it damaged

the end

QFT - and don't go to their meets for that reason.

I had to google QFT.

repair the car out of his own pocket or sell it damaged

the end

I think the GTR can claim on who ever is found at fault as property damage.

huh? It didn't have rego... Why was it on the street. If the car was in perfect driving condition (he drove it there) how hard would it have been to get rego.

And, turning right when no on coming cars where present isn't a stupid thing. The stupid thing is having someone going 140k+ in a 50-60k zone heading towards you over a crest.

(I wasn't there, this is coming from what I've read and the location of where it happened)

My point was the accident happened between 1 guy doing a u-turn, and 1 rally driver mistakenly thinking he was in targa tas.

(As for the turning right was he that close to the crest that he couldn't even see headlights in the distance? If he was why would you turn there, why not go down 100m. If he wasn't that close, the rally dude wasn't doing mach 1 so hence he maybe could have seen headlights coming? And if his view was blocked from above mentioned trendy hipsters, again why not go 100m down the road.)

I too wasn't there but all seems very avoidable. Hence my natural selection comment.

The GTR owner was parked on the side of the street. Registered or not, he had nothing to do with the accident and its cause.

• Like 1

The 200 will be found to be at fault. weather it's fair or not is beside the point, it's how the law will see it. The Gtr was on the road illegally and may not see a pay out from any insurance company

other than the poor GTR owner, reads like natural selection at work.

The poor owner KNOWINGLY driving an unregistered uninsured car?

I don't think so; he's easily as big an idiot as the dope in the EVO.

Makes you wonder what an unrego'd car is doing on the road in the first place. Unless it had a permit, kind serves him right.

And before anyone flames, I've experience this first hand, and to drive/ride an unreg vehicle on the road is just asking for trouble.

I wouldn't say he deserved it; but FFS, if you can't afford to register your car; you can't afford to drive it.

I stay waaaay away from "Enthusiast" events like these; as the dickhead factor is completely off the charts.

These same guys are the ones whining that they are unfairly targeted, yet leave their brains in the glovebox at all times.

If anything; this highlights how well run SAU events & cruises are. People know if they screw around, you'll be handed to the Police on a platter.

They also understand that we are ambassadors for our cause, and want to promote a positive image.

Idiots like this destroy EVERYONE'S hard work in an instant.

• Like 1