SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

pt in a high flow cat and a bigger front/dump pipe so now my exhaust is complete..... also put in the new 02 sensor so see if that makes a difference economy wise.... at the moment i get between 250-350 a tank depending how i drive it.... will update if any fuel improvement is made.....

ok results may take longer than expected,,,,, since i changed the 02 and the dump/front pipes at the same time i am driving the car alittle harder due to the fact that the sound of the exhaust is better and i love hearing it and the performance is noticable improved...... it may take a few weeks to settle down and start driving the car as a granny again to compare the fuel consumption issues with the new 02 sensor....... however today i drove from castle hill - manly today via monavale road and back which is a good 80-100km round trip with detour and the petrol droped about 1/8th of a tank, yes this was mainly highway or main road driving but i did gun it a few times so i do belive in the early days that there is some kind of fuel economy improvvement but i will only truely know when i put a whole new tank into it on wednesday and drive it to my usual regime...

to be continued

As there isn't a direct replacement units available for R34 aftermarket, I do suggest going with a genuine Nissan item. These retail for ~$230 however we offer them to SAU members for $194.70 + postage. For the R32/33 there is a direct replacement NTK item available, we offer them for $77 + postage.

Both of these units, and other applications, can be found here.

As there isn't a direct replacement units available for R34 aftermarket, I do suggest going with a genuine Nissan item. These retail for ~$230 however we offer them to SAU members for $176.00 + postage. For the R32/33 there is a direct replacement NTK item available, we offer them for $77 + postage.

Both of these units, and other applications, can be found here.

PM sent regarding to NTK part number for NTK oxygen sensor to suit an R32 GTS-t

Cheers

well had good results with the el falcon 02 sensor,,,, did 100KM and used 1/8 of the tank guide.... usually i would have already used 1/4 and in reality i have driven the car alittle harder than usual..... after these results i have broken a bolt so the exhaust is leaking pretty bad and i did 25km and am now nearing the 3/4 mark..... so with the early results the el falcon 02 sensor seems to be working..... but i have learnt that a badly leaking exhaust seems to be giving me alittle less power and using more fuel.... atleast the 02 sensor is working lol

After reading through these 16 pages, im still confused. lol

All I've gathered is that changing the o2 sensor has improved the fuel economy of most vehicles.

Could someone be nice and just help me answer 2 questions?

1. Which o2 sensor do i get for the r34GTT? (I dont mind paying a bit more for a 'better' one, i dont want to cut wires or whatever, coz im unco ass)[also like whats the difference between NTK/NISSAN/the faclon ones, generic etc??]

2. and where do i get one in Sydney? (is there a member here who does this kinda stuff in sydney or even the hills area?)

apologies in advanced for my nubness. feel free to PM as to clog up this thread. =)

thanks

Edited by JI34GT

they just measure oxygen in exhaust and either send out a 1 volt electrical inpulse or no impulse (sometimes very low impulse) to the ecu, then the ecu determines if the car can run lean or rich, basically how much petrol and oil to combine at any one time... i used an el falcon 02 sensor, $70.99 from repco in dural just behind bunnings, didnt have to wait around for some idiot to send out a replacement for $77 + postage and handleing..... i got it the day i wanted it.

basically if it screws into your dump pipe and has 3 wires it will work in the r34gtt

to connect the wires is easy, the odd coloured wires from the 02 sensor and the wireing harness connect, then the other 2 wires on the sensor connect to any of the other 2 wires om the loom from the car....

if you want help i can show you, im at castle hill

i installed a new dump/front pipe and high flow cat, since i changed the dump i thought id do the 02 sensor at the same time, didnt wanna spend on a nissan 02 sensor so i went with falcon... so far my tank is showing 1/2 on the dial and ive done 240km (carrying 4 people from city - menai in peak hour traffic.... and wityh the extra power my car has ive been driving it a little harder than usual), before the 02 sensor i would get 300-350 maximum out of a tank (till the dial hits the bottom end of empty), driving like a granny and never carrying more than 1 passenger.... i am expecting to easily get to 400km before i hit the empty line, hopefully more....

i can wire it for you if you bring it to me or if your not too far and if you undo the old 02 sensor first, they are a bastard to unbolt and i dont have the tools, my old 02 sensor is still bolted to my old dump pipe because it was too dificult to undo...

also dont listen to anyone who says the falcon one is not as good as the nissan one, it may not have been made for nissan but it does the exact same job and has been doing the same job for atleast the past few years as proven by the forum entries by other people

Hi guys, does anyone know how to check o2 sensor? the reason is i'm just about to replace my new dump pipe and i wanna see if my o2 sensor still in good working order, otherwise i wanna change it as the same time as dump pipe

thanks for all inputs guys

Cheers

Edited by HCR32R

not really mod, just cut, twist and electrical tape it..... anyway what ever suits you i guess

also first time since owning the car,,,,, went to servo tonight and only paid $51 instad of $75 for a full tank, same driving as usual, still did 300km from last fill but i saved over $20 this week, i want to run it till empty but i also dont wanna have to fill up when petrol price cycle is at its peak,,,,,, petrol price was $1.50 / L

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys just changed my O2 man was it a bitch to get off damn those things are on tight, I guess because outside o2 will mess up the readings so it's understandable but just wanted to let everyone know that East Coast Auto spares sells the socket for $27 and they are great ppl to deal with. I just bought it and I doubt I'll really ever be using it again that much so if your in the area your welcome to stop by and use it, if you got a few bucks to spare it will be great to get lower what i paid for it but if your strapped for cash then don't worry about it just PM and I'll let you know when you can come by and use it. Also I made a small video for people that want to see what it's like changing the O2 sensor it needs lots of editing but I'll upload it soon

PS. Initial results are that my engine is running a lot leaner now which I'm glad cause I always thought it was running too rich also white smoke started to come out of the exhaust, if this happens to you don't panic it's fine, only should be worked if there is tons of it or the smoke is black

• 2 weeks later...
Genuine just too expensive, grabbed an aftermarket one off ebay for around 90 .. a NTK one :O

Sorry to bust your bubble but if you would have read the thread, you would have seen that Kudosmotorsports is offering brand new NTK ones for $77 + P/H which makes it ~$86 express (Express being I ordered it at 4am on Tuesday, I got it in the moning on Thursday)

Sorry to bust your bubble but if you would have read the thread, you would have seen that Kudosmotorsports is offering brand new NTK ones for $77 + P/H which makes it ~$86 express (Express being I ordered it at 4am on Tuesday, I got it in the moning on Thursday)

Well to be exact it was $88 express posted, so $2 ain't that bad :O

• 2 months later...

Guys, can anyone advise the output voltage from the R32 GTR Titania O2 sensors???

Mine cycle nice at 2000 rpm, but at idle.....Front one is 0.9 volt constrant, rear one is all over the place between 0V and 1.9~2.0V........I have a harsh idle, no wonder given one sensors not working :D

i thought they had an output of 0-1volt???

• 1 month later...