SAU Community

32GTR Stolen....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances, best of luck for a speedy recovery.

id be trying to move on from here. it is, after all, only "a car" and you probably wouldnt want it back anyways considering god knows what its been through by now....bug your insurance company for the pay out and look forward to a new car!

just back to a point made earlier about car batteries and car alarms, does a car alarm usually go off or attempt to immobilise itself if the battery is disconnected? i know with quicktrak alarms when the battery is disconnected HQ is notified and the car alarm goes off/immobilises itself?

in any case Quicktrak is being sold off......does anyone know if CarCom by NRMA still going?

Decent Alarms have a 'backup battery' feature, means they have thier own battery if they are disconnected from the battery and go of instantly... alarm is worthless without one...

If they disconnect the battery, then they can't start it anyway?

in any case Quicktrak is being sold off......does anyone know if CarCom by NRMA still going?

While i was reading through that post i was gonna say quicktrak is finished.....im un-installing soon, and putting a new system in my mate was telling me about, apparently if the person that has made their way into the car tries to start it, it will ask whoes car is it, and who wishes to drive it....the alarm system then calls the owner (me) and notifies and allows you to make the call or set alarm off.

something like dat anyway......if anyone knows anything more about the system please let me know

Not when I had a flat battery.

I rolled down a hill doing 60km/h.. Popped the clutch out in 3rd gear.. Nothing.. :rofl:

Back up to 60km/h.. second nothing.. :rofl:

That day sucked... It took 2hrs to get home what normally is a 15minute drive.

I think it was the immobiliser immobilising. :)

I hope you get it back man. and post up the parts list and if I see any parts, maybe if they had distinguishing marks?

I was in broadbeach in April, I think I saw the car during the week on the main street of surfers. sorry for the loss.

I think it should be fair to catch the guys, and kill them. then if the cops have a problem just say you should have caught them first. but we can all dream...

CAR HAS BEEN SPOTTED BY BISCUIT , Biscuit chased it in his vy ss up to 200klmh through red lights..

Some prick is driving it around , .. this ****ing sucks

ALL GOLD COASTERS KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN IT IS OUT THERE..

He must have thought the vyss was an unmarked cop car ,

My brother spotted it again last night , he crossed the traffic island and gave chase in a honda CRV , he lost him in the back streets , but went to the broadwater carpark 20 mins later and asked around , the car had just been there..

this guy is dumb as shit , i have a feeling we will get it back , but unsure of what condition the car will be in , if he is prepared to get chased and do over 200klmh i have a feeling he will end his own life in the car.. I know what it is capable of...

We have been in constant contact with the police the whole time , but they can only do so much , ..

Another thing is what to do , chase him and then what , watch him crash the car? This dick will be sorry when hes caught..

ALL GOLD COASTERS keep your eyes peeled , i have a reward if you spot it and call 55316682 or 0410700017..

Thanks for your support guys , i want everyone to evaluate thier cars security systems , like a routine check up.. and see if there is nothing else you can do to stop thieves..

i will not put a detail parts list yet as my first thoughts were that the car is in bits..

Thanks again.. i will keep you posted..

maty

Why don't you guys "follow", not "chase" the car? You can follow the car from a fair distance back, all the while being on the phone with the police. They'll send units to intercept the car if there's a known stolen serial in a known location.

Yeh it has the same plates on it!!

Um trust me we have tried , the first time he saw the commodore he must have thought it was a cops car and apparently ran red lights and 1 wheel up the gutter to get away.

Its christian's car..

The person(s) who've stolen your car are obviously stupid enough to leave the plates on. I hope you find your car i one peice as nobody deserves this to happen to them no matter waht car they drive. If you swee it again dont give him any signs that your following him, if thatis possible, goodluck in getting your car back :D