SAU Community

R32 Rear Subframe Bushes- Options And Reccomendations

045HOW

Hi guys, i have recently added a 32 to my collection :) and it has disintegrated rear

subframe bushes. So much so, big chunks of it fell out when i jacked one side from the subframe mount :P
post-76376-0-07401200-1382536178_thumb.jpg
Ive had a look around and see that there are solid,locking,pineapple,hardened rubber and poly options. And also the significance of offset for angle in regards to grip and such.
My question is, what are my viable options in regards to handling and grip without going solid alloy bushes? Im thinking Poly, but what is the best brand to go with? unless the hardened rubber is the best way to go. Is there anything else to consider? and if i decide to go with a full bush kit for the car, which company has better product for this model?

Cheers in advance guys :)

Apologies if i have missed a vital thread in regards to this information.

post-76376-0-07401200-1382536178_thumb.jpg

I went with Whiteline all around (diff are solid bushes). The only issue I had with them is that the subframe sits very high now, so much that I think I need spacers made up (1-1.5") to drop it back down to stock as it affects my antisquat. Can't find any info as to it being normal or not.

I used solid alloy bush inserts, not the press in ones, the ones that fit on top of your old worn rubber ones , the upper ones were a C section so you only had to loosen the subframe a little to slip them in.

Tightened up the rear a lot, only a little extra road noise through the cabin.

Just go pinapples for now, they sit in between the subframe and the beveled washer and nut. Installing it in standard fitment will reduce subframe movement.

Of course, best solution is to drop the subframe, drill out your dead bushes and press in New whiteline or superpro ones.

Slip in collar work better when you're bushing is semi shagged, if they're totalled like yours are then the collars have no where to sit and end up moving around causing some chatter.

Superpro dont do the actual bushes yet. they are hummin and harring about making them thus far. As far as it looks i will be going with whiteline bushes and maybe also pineapples. unless someone has some mental good bush kit that i can get from america or something.

Streeter with future outlook for definitely more power ( has built 25) and possibly tracked. But yeah for now for maybe a year or so streeter. I just want the good stuff as I have the money to back it up.