SAU Community

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels And Tyres Upgrade

Sho Pi

Hey guys,

Planning to do a suspension, brakes, wheels and tyres upgrade on my R33 GTR in the next few months. Here is what I'm thinking of so far:

Volk TE37SL 18 x 11

295 Semi-Slicks on all four wheels (still deciding on whether to go Kumho or Federal semi's).

HKS Hipermax 4 Suspension

Adjustable upper and lower control arms, roll center adjuster, swaybars, link pin and HICAS lock bar.

Project Mu 6 pot front and 4 pot rear brakes

Really looking to build a car that's quick around a track (but it will still be driven on the street). Pretty open budget, would prefer to go better brands / quality for a bit extra money. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Open budget...Hmmm

Wheels - Custom BBS/OZ forged magnesium wheels.

Suspension - Sachs, Aragosta, Bilstein Ennepetal, Ohlins (Euro), KW, custom MCA golds

Tyres - Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Pirelli P Zero

Your budget is way way above what I would want to spend but certainly not an open budget if those are the sort of brands/upgrades you're looking at :P

In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming :thumbsup:

Federal 595 RSR's are used as a street/light track tyre by many members, they aren't a true semi slick but they can also be used as a road tyre that wont wear out insanely fast.

As for suspension, don't go silly hard spring rates, our roads and race tracks in QLD are far to rough for hard suspension. Just go bigger sway bars to control body roll.

So far this is what is confirmed on the build:

Volk TE37SL 11" Rims

Whiteline 22mm Front Swaybar Adjustable

Whiteline 24mm Rear Swaybar Adjustable

IKEYA FORMULA Front Upper Arms

IKEYA FORMULA Front Roll Centre Adjustor Lower Kit

IKEYA FORMULA Rear Upper Arms

IKEYA FORMULA Rear Traction Adjustor Rod

CUSCO Rear Drag Rod

Here is what will most likely be going with the build (just looking into pricing at the moment):

Project Mu Billet 6 Piston Front Caliper Kit with 380mm Rotor Disc

Project Mu Billet 4 Piston Rear Caliper Kit with 345mm Rotor Disc

Still looking around at tyres and suspension.

Tyres, the Acilles 123Rs are hard to beat value for money or if you want full semis then the 050s or Z221 Hankooks

Suspension, pm Piggaz. He has just gone through all of the suspension dynamics for his R33 GTR and got a custom set of Bilstiens built

Haha t5iv, that cracked me up.

Nismo LM GT4 rims are currently what I have on the car but the rims aren't wide enough for the tyres I'm looking at. My mechanic recommended the Volk's and they are pretty much the exact look I'm after.

Haha t5iv, that cracked me up.

Nismo LM GT4 rims are currently what I have on the car but the rims aren't wide enough for the tyres I'm looking at. My mechanic recommended the Volk's and they are pretty much the exact look I'm after.

I am quite funny. Do you have a Gts-t and a GT-R?

Sounds like this thing is going to handle quite well. When are you planning on having all this done? Will she still be coming to the Charity Cruise?

Nah I had a Gts-t but it broke down constantly so I got rid of it. Only recently bought the GTR (had it for about 6 months now). Most of the parts are on order but some of the stuff won't be here until the end of January (so end of Jan / early Feb is when all this will be going on). Havn't even looked at the Charity Cruise to be honest. When is it?

Nah I had a Gts-t but it broke down constantly so I got rid of it. Only recently bought the GTR (had it for about 6 months now). Most of the parts are on order but some of the stuff won't be here until the end of January (so end of Jan / early Feb is when all this will be going on). Havn't even looked at the Charity Cruise to be honest. When is it?

8 December mate. Would be great to see you out there!