SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

As a result from the race...cant really say when the race was so variable with weather, safety cars etc. Over the season I dont think Vettel has been as bad as the numbers/results suggest.

My boy Romain had a shocker though. Throwing it away behind the safety car on cold slicks :( Hope McLaren didnt see that :)

Looks like Lewis has a rather short memory and has forgetten about Germany and Malaysia last year. Sook isnt even a good sport. Love him or hate him but i rate Massa for how he handled himself when Hamilton won his fluke of a WDC

he got the gap down to 0.7. There were a few laps in a row he got DRS.

“If Lewis had let Nico go, Nico could have won the race.” Toto Wolff, the Mercedes F1 team CEO

he got the gap down to 0.7. There were a few laps in a row he got DRS.

“If Lewis had let Nico go, Nico could have won the race.” Toto Wolff, the Mercedes F1 team CEO

Yeah sure he could have got past Dan.

Wolff said alot of things. "Ow, my arm." being one of them. Other things made more sense:

"Maybe we have come to a point where what we had at the beginning of the season doesn't function anymore, because we cannot ask either driver to give up positions or jeopardise their own campaign and championship chances for the benefit of the team."

Britney claimed this:

Rosberg was heard asking on the team radio why Hamilton had not moved over, but he denied that he had originally requested to be let by.

"I didn't want it, it was the team that informed me that he was going to let me past," said Rosberg after the race.

"That was it. I don't know what happened then. We need to discuss it."

Rosberg declined to elaborate further on his view of the team orders situation, saying that it was a matter for the team to resolve in private.

Yeah sure he could have got past Dan.

Rosberg was lapping in the 25s and 26 in the last handful of laps closing the gap down. Dan's best was 27s when he got to the lead trying to clear out. He certainly had the pace to catch Dan given the opportunity, but it's a very difficult track to pass on when tyres are similar age. I guess that's why he said "could have won", not "would have won", hey?

The guys paying the bills probably want to maximise thier WCC points and get as many race wins as possible, every bit as much as Lewis wants to win the WDC.

Its a standard thing to let your team mate through in the middle of a race when you're on different strategies. Now that both sides of the garage know this isn't going to happen anymore, they'll be playing their race strategy differently. Track position is now more importnat than the fastest way to the finish line. And that plays into their rivals hands nicely. Lewis is a douche

The guys paying the bills probably want to maximise thier WCC points and get as many race wins as possible, every bit as much as Lewis wants to win the WDC.

Its a standard thing to let your team mate through in the middle of a race when you're on different strategies. Now that both sides of the garage know this isn't going to happen anymore, they'll be playing their race strategy differently. Track position is now more importnat than the fastest way to the finish line. And that plays into their rivals hands nicely. Lewis is a douche

But a douche with a point:

"He didn't get close enough to overtake, I was not going to lift off and lose ground to Fernando [Alonso] or Daniel [Ricciardo], so it was a bit strange."

Agree, Nico should have closed the gap further so Lewis didn't have to waste seconds to let him past, he didn't so tough. Who at Merc chose to put Lewis on Prime? Lewis pretending to wipe his face looking at the wall instead of congratulating Fernando/Daniel douche.

Still reckon Nico isn't a main driver, he's a team 2nd.

Well...its only going to get more volatile :) But point was Lewis has benefited twice from calls...1 for NR to let him through...which he did. The other to not past despite being clearly quicker. Looking at the ledger Nico has played with a straight bat and been a team player.

Lewis is never going to return the favours, but accept the situation this year is different with WDC on line. Was fun to watch the move on the outside of Homo by Nico that almost came off. Homo pushed him wide as you would expect but was praying they were going to hit :)

I remember seeing the gap down to 7 or 8 tenths in some sectors. He had DRS for a few laps, and Mercedes thought he was close enough to tell Hamilton to let him trough. But I don't think Lewis' side of the garage was ever intending to play the team game. Radio transcripts show all they were concerned about just before they pitted Lewis was the gap back to Rosberg, to make sure they would come out in front of him...

Well...its only going to get more volatile :) But point was Lewis has benefited twice from calls...1 for NR to let him through...which he did. The other to not past despite being clearly quicker. Looking at the ledger Nico has played with a straight bat and been a team player.

Lewis is never going to return the favours, but accept the situation this year is different with WDC on line. Was fun to watch the move on the outside of Homo by Nico that almost came off. Homo pushed him wide as you would expect but was praying they were going to hit :)

yeah, it was interesting to compare that running off the road treatment to the comparitive acre of room he left Dan in the same place a few laps earlier...

Question for today. If you were to swap Dans results with Vettels would people be saying Ricciardo is good enough?

But this isn't the case, Dan has exceeded everyones expectations, and he has done that by driving exceptionally. I understand the point of the question, but if Vettel was beating him, noone would have thought too much of it, chances are Dan would have been doing a 'good' job and can't be expected to slot into the championship team and immediatly start beating the champion

I think this is what is earning him so much praise. He was never expected to do as well as he has, but he has done amazingly and kept himself grounded.

He would have been 'good enough' but I'm really happy that he is doing much better than that.

The race was quite exciting, kinda ruined for me by the fact that I heard the results before I got to watch it today, but still exciting enough none the less

I have high praise for nando after that last race. To put in the amount of laps on softs and hold 2nd shows he is a very smart skilled driver..

give him a good consistent fast car and he would be fighting it out for another WDC for sure.

I used to hate him after the move to fez but im changing my mind back. I actually kinda want McClaren to be competitive next yr with honda and have nando for the 2016 season with mag as his no 2. Button has to go!