SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

Real men!

TS868.jpg

Guessing 1937? NFI where.

Was tempted to say real men like the unfortunately named Englishman who drive for Mercedes in 1939. But I wont because that would be wrong as he ended up dead at the Belgian GP that year.

Sounds like a Monty Python reference

Farken wont let me link or embed videos (can't even copy / paste URLS in here) farken

Look up 1967 Formula 1 German Grand Prix (2 of 4) on youtube - by thash1127. Fast forward to 0.59 and watch the next 5 sec. As they round the second right hander, you can recognise the rise just behind the 2 cars in the photo above. I'm convinced it's Brunnchen at the Nurburgring (recognised it from my hundreds of hours driving the 1967 track in GPL) :whistling:

Formula 1 will award double points for its final round from the 2014 season in an effort to keep championship battles open longer.

The move was agreed by the F1 Strategy Group and the Formula One Commission at a meeting in Paris on Monday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111795

Permanent driver numbers will become a reality from the 2014 Formula 1 world championship, the FIA has confirmed.

While #1 will be reserved for the current world champion - should he choose to use it - every other driver will be asked to choose their race number, between #2 and #99.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111796

A budget cap will be introduced in Formula 1 from the start of 2015.

The move was agreed at a meeting of the F1 Strategy Group and the F1 Commission in Paris today.

A working group will be established to finalise the regulations governing the cost-cap regulations.

This group, which will include representatives of the FIA and of the commercial rights holder, as well as F1 team members, will be tasked to finalise these regulations by the end of June 2014.

It is not clear how the budget cap will be structured, although previous proposals have included exemptions for marketing and driver wages.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111798

Guessing 1937? NFI where.

Was tempted to say real men like the unfortunately named Englishman who drive for Mercedes in 1939. But I wont because that would be wrong as he ended up dead at the Belgian GP that year.

It's the 38 German GP and Dick Seaman actually won it..

too bad we don't get sky here..

I know! It's the one thing stopping me from running out and getting Foxtel. Would be great, but its something to do with the deal channel 10 have atm I think isnt it? When does that dry up? :P