SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

what i have a problem is, is fom released chat from red bull saying 'let dan through', then vettel asks what tyres hes on, and says the 'tough luck' call, but for vettel then to 'concede' the position as he said after the race you have to assume the team must have said something again to him about the differing strategies, something that either never aired on the tv to cause all this drama or vettel didnt want to concede and dan passed him anyway... and then didnt want it to look like dan passed him anyway....

unless there was more radio traffic that i missed?

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/9274744/vettel's-radio-wars

Hear it all there ^.

LOL, different strategy call seemed odd. The guy two stopping who is quicker than the guy 3 stopping needs to come through on the same tyres....and Seb has to stay out due to there not being a clear spot behind to drop into if 3 stopping. So had to make a two stop work, whcih he ultimately did.

Goes to show even the tyre genius can ask the tyres to operate outside their window from time to time

Beats yet more RBR dominance

Well..... at least there was a chance of Webber winning then (and honestly if they were dominating this year, fair chance Dan would have had a win by now)

I don't really like Hamilton and don't really like Rosberg either. And Mercedes just seems like... I dunno a really cold team? Jeremey Clarkson would say they are very 'German'

I dunno, they just aren't a team I want to win. I have always been a Kimi fan, so obviously I want him to win, or Dan. But I'd still be happy to see most other drivers take a win. Just not Mercedes

I actually rate Toto and respect Lauda...Don't get me wrong Lauda can often and does often annoy me but every now and then he comes up with a funny throw away line and you just know he has been there, done that.

I also respect how they have built up the team and in the Brawn era it was team orders...now its race clean and go for it boys. MEGA respect!!!! But lets see them do that when racing each other may mean one loses a position to a RBR or Fezz..

I actually rate Toto and respect Lauda...Don't get me wrong Lauda can often and does often annoy me but every now and then he comes up with a funny throw away line and you just know he has been there, done that.

I also respect how they have built up the team and in the Brawn era it was team orders...now its race clean and go for it boys. MEGA respect!!!! But lets see them do that when racing each other may mean one loses a position to a RBR or Fezz..

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has hinted Formula 1 title rivals Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will be reined back in battle if the opposition closes the gap.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113623

Good news!!!

Formula 1 teams are pushing to make grand prix cars more visually spectacular, AUTOSPORT can reveal, with the return of sparks, glowing brake discs and vapour trails all being considered.

Leading F1 outfits have grown concerned that recent design trends have robbed the sport of the drama that previous generations of cars provided.

The teams involved in the Strategy Group now plan talks over the next few weeks to consider a range of proposals that can bring some of that excitement back.

The discussions form part of a wide-ranging review document that has been prepared by F1's Strategy Group that maps out an improvement plan for the sport.

The ideas are dominated by much-needed cost-cutting measures, but it also features proposals that are aimed simply at making F1 cars more thrilling to watch.

The teams believe that changes to the car designs that will reduce costs could have benefits beyond making them cheaper.

So a shift away from the current complicated brake ducts - that are being used more and more for aerodynamic benefit - will also make sure the concepts bring back the visual impact of glowing brake discs.

Furthermore, the discussions about active suspension have also prompted debate over whether the system's return can help create a way of making cars spark once again - just as they did up until the early 1990s.

The spectacular sparks, which were caused by titanium plates rubbing on the ground, became non-existent when underfloor planks were introduced during 1994 to stop teams running their cars too close to the ground for aerodynamic benefit.

As well as potential aerodynamic tweaks to create vapour trails, other more wide-sweeping changes to the sport are also up for discussion.

They include standing starts after safety cars, a potential reduction in race length, and the green light for higher technology to be used in pitstops to cut the time even further.

The proposals will be evaluated by the Strategy Group over the next few weeks, with any agreement on changes for the future needing to be approved by the F1 Commission and then the FIA World Motor Sport Council

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113621

Seems to be turning into a bit of a joke these days...Doing anything and everything they can think of to make F1 more exciting....Double points, sparklers... Maybe they could make the cars bumper cars!

Seems to be turning into a bit of a joke these days...Doing anything and everything they can think of to make F1 more exciting....Double points, sparklers... Maybe they could make the cars bumper cars!

Rockets?

Yeah. I don't think making pit stops faster is really a good thing. It's just going to lead to more mistakes, unless they are planning on having automated wheel changing machines and not having humans do it.

Maybe they could make the cars bumper cars!....

that's called V8 Supercars ;)

I was going to say "no, that's the v8 utes" but they are more of a destruction derby.

Shiiiit

With no boost/fuel flow limits, you'd have all the power you could want even with only 1.6L. Give 'em 50 engines per year per car

But let's say they had 2.0 V6's with no restrictions, the cars would have in excess of 1500hp in race trim easily

We'd go back to killing F1 drivers, but hey...