SAU Community

Choosing An Injector

asps91

Hey guys, quick run down. Building my r33 gtr with 2860-5's with all of the usual supporting mods. I am now currently searching for injectors and have been offered quite a few different kinds by helpful members. They are:

-Power enterprise 800cc

-seimans 750cc

-sard 700cc

I'm guessing they roughly all flow the same, but may have different spray patterns ect. And was wondering which ones would better suit my goals.

All injectors have decently low k's on them and similarly priced.

Which ones would you choose and why?

Why would different cc injectors flow the same?

Power goal plays a big part in it. Need to know what fuel you want to run as well because if you plan on using e85 you will need larger injectors then if just running pump fuel

Power goal plays a big part in it. Need to know what fuel you want to run as well because if you plan on using e85 you will need larger injectors then if just running pump fuel

Only planning to use 98, not touching e85. And not going to use id1000, no point? I'm asking what injector that I mentioned in my initial post would you choose and why as I can get them for an extreemly good price.

Only planning to use 98, not touching e85. And not going to use id1000, no point? I'm asking what injector that I mentioned in my initial post would you choose and why as I can get them for an extreemly good price.

There was a reason why I suggested what I suggested. The ID's will drive a lot nicer than the "older" Sard/Denso injectors.

ID's are cheap enough now, it shouldn't even be a factor.

Theres lots of points as to why you should choose the ID1000's & lots of points as to why you wouldnt bother using 2nd hand injectors. ID's are the best injectors on the market and are probably a few hunge more than the 2nd hand shitters ya planning on using. IF you are worried about spray patterns etc for good combustion theres only 1 choice! ;)

Thats the ID's!

As piggaz said the ID's drive alot better than anything else. Im running ID2000's in my evo and it runs like a dream idlea sweet and I get surprisingly good mileage outta a tank of E85

Edited by Mick_o

Theres lots of points as to why you should choose the ID1000's & lots of points as to why you wouldnt bother using 2nd hand injectors. ID's are the best injectors on the market and are probably a few hunge more than the 2nd hand shitters ya planning on using. IF you are worried about spray patterns etc for good combustion theres only 1 choice! ;)

Thats the ID's!

As piggaz said the ID's drive alot better than anything else. Im running ID2000's in my evo and it runs like a dream idlea sweet and I get surprisingly good mileage outta a tank of E85

*like*

I think Xspurt do a 740 based on the kompact (short) EV14K . ID do an 850 GM based on the short EV14s as well . Actually the ID1300s are shorty's as well from memory .

Short EV14s do fit under the plenum on a 33 spec RB25 but you need a rail to suit 14mm injectors . People say modified RB25 Neo rails can work with a bit of stuffing around .

A .

I think they were reselling the proflow RB25 rail, they were a little more expensive at around $200 I think, but great quality.

You can get 14mm rails for under $100 if you search around (egay, goodies direct etc) not sure on their quality though as I have never fitted one. You will need to work out injector spacing and brackets so they hold down tight.

The Xspurt 1000's drop straight into the RB26 with the kits I sell. No spacing required from stock, and the plug adapters are supplied.