SAU Community

Auto Transmission For Gtr To Hold 1000Hp.options?

SMDGTR

• 2 months later...

When the AWD glide was still in my car I was able to run 10.4 not using the transbrake with a real lazy footbraked 1.7 60ft launch. Tried the transbrake few times and it just spun as I didn't warm up the rear tyres in my 33GTR.

Powerglide puts the power down so smoothly compared to a manual. Defienatley had a high 9sec pass with a decent launch. Power plant was a Rb26 with hks 2530's with a manual normally make about 600awhp.

• Like 1

When the AWD glide was still in my car I was able to run 10.4 not using the transbrake with a real lazy footbraked 1.7 60ft launch. Tried the transbrake few times and it just spun as I didn't warm up the rear tyres in my 33GTR.

Powerglide puts the power down so smoothly compared to a manual. Defienatley had a high 9sec pass with a decent launch. Power plant was a Rb26 with hks 2530's with a manual normally make about 600awhp.

Did you change back to the manual??? What happened to the box?

• 9 months later...

Already adapted to suit the RB block bolt pattern, tranfercase and bolt straight in, considerably more than the 5K mentioned above.

Ive been looking into it.....(and still researching it)

A straight built 2spd powerglide or Turbo 400 to take serious power, yes $5K and less.

And GTRPSI my phone app didn't let me see you post

Already adapted to suit the RB block bolt pattern, tranfercase and bolt straight in, considerably more than the 5K mentioned above.

A straight built 2spd powerglide or Turbo 400 to take serious power, yes $5K and less.

Add to that 5k for the box these parts that you will require also.

Custom length and spline output shaft to suit transfercase.

Fabricated sump to clear the drive shaft when the box is massively rotated

Suitable length and angle pick tube to put the oil filter at the bottom of the new fabricated sump.

The dip stick takes some messing around to get it at a suitable height for when the gearbox is rotated.

Decent torque converter can be $1000-2000.

Shifter

Transcooler ect ect

Pretty quickly it gets to 10-12K.

• Like 1

Add to that 5k for the box these parts that you will require also.

Custom length and spline output shaft to suit transfercase.

Fabricated sump to clear the drive shaft when the box is massively rotated

Suitable length and angle pick tube to put the oil filter at the bottom of the new fabricated sump.

The dip stick takes some messing around to get it at a suitable height for when the gearbox is rotated.

Decent torque converter can be $1000-2000.

Shifter

Transcooler ect ect

Pretty quickly it gets to 10-12K.

Exactly, and thats assuming you know what your doing......

@Ryan, have you thought about selling the output shafts and other bits as kits for GTR owners?

That way we could build up our own strengthened autos and just add the bits on to convert them to work with the GTR transfer case.

Would save everyone a shit load of development and you could recoupe some of your already made developement costs along the way.......