SAU Community

How Often Do You Get Tailgated?

Every now and then I get it, and every now and then I do it....its just a part of every day Aussie driving.

I guess the question is what lane are you in when this usually often problem occasionally always happens?

A few shitty cars like Mazda 3s, Honda Civics.. mainly just stupid P platers

Been tailgated, slammed brakes really hard.. no more tailgating :)

Then they overtake me and abuse me, so I follow their car with a creepy smile on around till they start speeding and driving erratically.

I've followed some dumb betch home before and abused the shit out of her till she started crying. Then I said I hope you've learnt your lesson and apologised for making her cry and left.

I'm a dickhead.

• Like 4

One serious case was i accidentally drove into a dead end construction site road at night time in Bankstown and this riced up P plate Honda Accord with big guys in it blocking off the only exit so i slowly and carefully squeeze past them and they said "Who you looking for ?" to which i said no one and sped out of that dead end then they chased me around Bankstown very closely (can't see their headlights), i had to block their lane so they cannot get in front of me as they try to overtake me to do god knows what, they even sped past a red light to chase me, i lost them by going around and around at the round about then parked in front of the Bankstown Police Station.

Bankstown is dangerous at night time and Skylines have too much negative attention.

happens all too much, usually by middle age people (say 40-50) in 4x4's that have never been off the road.

bloody tough waste of space morons!

I hit the brakes a few times to flash my lights at them, if they don't back off I then slow down and try to box them in traffic just to really piss them off. =)

• Like 1

That's one of the few good uses of my Rev limiter. It turned on by handbrake and just rev past 3500. The flame or black cloud is enough for them to realise. Then I get a goosey look at the traffic light.

Single road situation, I am usually a tad over speed and if they persist I just slow down until they get the message and move back, works most of the time but sometimes it just makes things worse if you have a nutter up your butt :rant: then it is time to GO or pull over :blush:

I have a thing about young sheilas doing it and as soon as you go to a bendy part of the road the fall way back only to sit up your butt again on the straights :stupid:

A lot of the time people who get tailgated deserve it. The driving culture in Perth (where I am) especially is ridiculous. People sit in the right lane on the freeway either just doing the speed limit or a bit below and then have a little sook when someone comes too close behind them and high beam them. Here's an idea, bugger off out of the right lane sparky and you won't get tail gated.

But offcourse you do have those idiots who will tailgate you irrespectively so yeah....