SAU Community

Nooby Trolley Jack And Stands Questions

bucket_boy101

I agree, using those ratchet stands worried me enough to go and buy proper 3T alloy pin stands. Plus many of them have been recalled.

I use the Cosco jack and these stands, with them I have jacked up more cars than anyone on here probably.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TORIN-BIG-RED-JACKS-3-TON-ALLOY-JACK-STANDS-CAR-WORKSHOP-DRAGS-RACING-/300859183184?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460c9ad050&_uhb=1

Or for less than a set of rims you can buy a full two post hoist like mine, they are much safer and you would be surprised how many mates would arrive with it.

Hold on!! I could have sworn I drove down the highway and saw this with a Soarer lifted up a while back. It's quite noticeable. If it's not you someone has a same setup like yours.

I remember driving past and thinking this guy has the right idea lol.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where'd you see that one, niZmO? I was looking at some portable 4 posters (I presume all the portable ones would have to be 4 post) and they were around $5k. Sorely tempted to get one for the workshop (trying to juggle 3 cars and a trailer in the workshop is starting to get a bit lame, specially when I need access to all of them.

A hoist opens up another car parking spot. :)

Hold on!! I could have sworn I drove down the highway and saw this with a Soarer lifted up a while back. It's quite noticeable. If it's not you someone has a same setup like yours.

I remember driving past and thinking this guy has the right idea lol.

That's me. You spied the V8 Soarer I fitted a gt35 to, in the boot.
The hoist stands out alright, especially when there is a car up on it. Must paint it red to match the shed one day. :P

The hoist stands out alright, especially when there is a car up on it. Must paint it red to match the shed one day. :P

as long as its not too windy yeah :whistling:

I had it up in gale force gusts the other day, it was moving around a little, but it was also a great test. The car does act as a decent sail up in the air like that.

Only cost me 3k, and it wasn't the cheapest one, you can get full 2 post hoists for sub 2k these days.

Where'd you see that one, niZmO? I was looking at some portable 4 posters (I presume all the portable ones would have to be 4 post) and they were around $5k. Sorely tempted to get one for the workshop (trying to juggle 3 cars and a trailer in the workshop is starting to get a bit lame, specially when I need access to all of them.

It's been a while, a friend showed them to me. The price may be drastically different, but I remember them being more than $2,000.

Lol yeh saw how you did that on here somewhere very nice setup. Didn't know that was the Soarer tho.

Well if you do one on a Tuesday or Wednesday (stupid retail working weekends) and can come to the Ringwood one, let me know. I'll buy a jack then too. Plus I only live five minutes from the Ringers Costco.

Just bought the stands you linked to on Ebay Also, Scott.

I think they are all sold out at the moment. When I went there just after the new year they were out of stock and said that they weren't getting more until March. I went to the one in Docklands though.

If they are there can someone PM me?

Question I'm in need of some jack stands which ones would be more suitable ratchet type or pin type? Have been looking on ebay at the kincrome 2000kg ratchet ones?

Try ebay, i got mine of a jack specalist locally who was importing them and also selling them on ebay.

Yeah but they put a premium on them on eBay. Some people are trying to get $500 for them.

I will wait until March when they are supposed to get more in. If that fails I'll buy one off eBay

The Ebay sellers go in and buy the lot when they arrive, then sell them to unsuspecting purchasers for a premium. It shits me and I have complained to Costco a few times, as they won't hold stock, even for warranty return customers.

Don't buy ratchet car stands, the pin type can't fail catastrophically. ;)