SAU Community

So.. I'm Getting A R34 Gtr, Need Few Help Pls.

Very glad this all ended up ok :-)

Now go and buy yourself a nice one and don't forget to post it up

Good luck in your future endeavours and glad to be of service

Cheers

The Baron

I looked at the videos just before they went off. Someone made comments about how this car had fake papers, clock wound back and that they have all the photos to prove it. An hour later and the video was gone.

haha maybe he is starting to realise he wont get away with what he is doing so easily anymore!

Hahahaha, that was me writing that on Youtube, I got so mad reading another thread about it.

I really want to spend the next 12 months tearing this EL bloke to the ground, he is one hell of a slime bag.

This was such a good read and the outcome was great, well done Edifier, I'm so happy it worked out for you and you stuck to your guns in the end, it is a great learning experience IMO, sadly many others will learnt he hard way.

Michael, your gesture was truly remarkable, if I lived in NSW and not WA at the moment I would have really liked to do the same thing.

Enjoy your R34 GTR which ever you choose Edifier, good people deserve good things.

This thread is a prime example as to why I think this is the most knowledgeable car forum in Oz and possibly the world, great show of wisdom and kindness

All the best with your endeavours Edifier, look forward to living vicariously through your future GTR experiences - feel free to post up any prospect cars to find outside SAU, everyone is more than happy to lend you a second set of eyes

Edited by squareznboxez

• 1 month later...

Damn... i just read this thread - didnt know you had to go through SO MUCH drama...

But have to say - your current GTRVS2... Now that is a beauty!!!

Even I'm surprised by myself how much drama I've been through with GTRs, I had my R33 GTST for 5 years and it had never caused me any problem, guess the better the thing is harder to get.

BTW my GTRVS2 is almost recover and I just picked it up from JLM, only front bumper is left to be fixed. JLM had done a pefect job so far.

FYI I didn't go though insurance so that my car could maintain it's current insured value which is $70,000, if I report the damage and lodged a claim not only I need to pay for excess fee and increased preime fee and also the value of the car may drop.

• 3 weeks later...

Even I'm surprised by myself how much drama I've been through with GTRs, I had my R33 GTST for 5 years and it had never caused me any problem, guess the better the thing is harder to get.

BTW my GTRVS2 is almost recover and I just picked it up from JLM, only front bumper is left to be fixed. JLM had done a pefect job so far.

FYI I didn't go though insurance so that my car could maintain it's current insured value which is $70,000, if I report the damage and lodged a claim not only I need to pay for excess fee and increased preime fee and also the value of the car may drop.

What happened to the GTR?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread is a prime example as to why I think this is the most knowledgeable car forum in Oz and possibly the world, great show of wisdom and kindness

All the best with your endeavours Edifier, look forward to living vicariously through your future GTR experiences - feel free to post up any prospect cars to find outside SAU, everyone is more than happy to lend you a second set of eyes

Holly crap Jun, what a damn hassle for you. Happy to hear it all worked out. I really wish that business got what it deserves, shonky as.

I totally agree with the above comments, this forum also saved me from buying through another, let's say, a less then honourable place. There is a lot of them out there when it comes to grey imports. If able to its always best to go through a broker service, another +1 for Iron Chef Imports. However it seems you have some great examples already offered to you, I reckon you can trust Terry... Just maybe ;)

Actually perhaps that's an ill timed joke, yes you can trust Terry and co :)

I also can not wait to find out what you end up with. Please post pics when you do get your baby/beast.

All the best.