SAU Community

Rb25Det, Idles Mint But Has Accelerating Problems?

hey there, have just got my s2 rb25det r32 running..
its pretty much standard apart from fmic, splitfire coilpaks, alloy rad, 3inch striaght pipe exhaust etc.
it idles perfectly... but when driving it splatters/coughs doesnt boost etc. you can drive without hitting turbo but with foot flat down or like 30% throttle plus it missfires splatters and all that like crazy making backfire noises and such. does it in every gear aswell. it idles perfect never dies when coming to a stop or anything. i recently changed rad, thermostat, exhaust pipe recently. all lines im pretty sure are plumbed in correctly. one thing i did do was move the cas when i took the timing cover off. could that be it? but yea it idles perfectly its just when trying to drive or accelerate at 2500revs plus the problems start. it revs fine when not in gear too.. another note the conversion was only just recently done maybe a couple months ago but was first driven today since installed. i only just started it yesterday. will try to play around with a few things tomorrow but yea im no mechanic so help would be good.. thanks for reading and any help will be much appreciated

Check for boost leaks.

Search how to pressure test.

What ecu?

It isn't likely to be caused by moving the cas, but you have to set the timing with a timing light.

Edited by Ben C34

Yea get a timing light and check timing due to you have moved cas and check AFM, get done contact cleaner and spray it inside AFM cleaning all the crap off, let it sit for abit allowing contact cleaner to fully dry up and re-install it and away u go, had that issue with my S1 25det r33

• 6 years later...
On 19/05/2014 at 1:25 PM, brandysnaps117 said:

thankyou for the replies guys, yea have been told its mostlikely the afm so will clean as it as said above and go from there. ^ and then i will try sort the timing out. once again appreciate the help!!

I take it that it was the AFM as this was last reply on thread?