SAU Community

Bloody Rb25

Hey all.. ive done some searching but couldn't find anthing...

I have a rb25 series 2

Nistune

exhaust and cooler

new coils and plugs

the car "stumbles" at 3500rpm...and the boosts fine to 10psi in all gears.... its gets worse once its warm... im unable to boost it without it popping and farten.

any ideas guys???

It had splitfires in her. Then changed to some ebay ones..they are red.

brand new z32 afm has been installed

ive put in 3 new sets of plugs... 7es ones (colder type plug)

Also had the cooler piping fixed up last week as well. . It was fouling the swaybars etc

Also cleaned the iac valve

checked the injectors and had new orings installed

any advice would be great.... this car is doing my head in

And just to be clear...

when cold...car"pops" slightly at 3500rpm and 4-6 psi boost.... then it takes off like a rocket to redline at 12psi.

The when its warmed up... it will boost to 4 psi then just pop and fart like a frog and not go anywhere..

So car hammers when cold? And you hammer it when cold? That's dumb.

Why write any advice would be great after receiving heaps of advice?

Should we take that as you are rejecting advice given up untill that point?

And to clarify. I suggested the three things as they are all likely causes causes of your car running like it does. You are welcome to ignore them but I would suggest pressure testing your inlet.

Ben, I actually thought the same as you....but I then realised that just maybe, giving a little credit to the OP, that mentioning that it goes hard when cold but has a bigger problem when hot is at least a valid piece of information.

I mean, if it were me being the OP I would have felt the need to tell people that I don't normally punt it when cold, just to make sure they realise I'm not an idiot but only did it for diagnostic purposes, but obviously some people don't feel the need to allay suspicion in such circumstances.

Im not trying to start an argument. .. but picking up on " it hammers when cold" and telling me im dumb.. to me is a key peice of information to help diagnosis

as for writing "any advice with a reason for your advice" .. anyone can rattle of parts of a car afm, gearbox, plugs... but why do you think its that part will help me alot more

Im not trying to start an argument. .. but picking up on " it hammers when cold" and telling me im dumb.. to me is a key peice of information to help diagnosis

as for writing "any advice with a reason for your advice" .. anyone can rattle of parts of a car afm, gearbox, plugs... but why do you think its that part will help me alot more

I didn't say you are dumb.

I said hammering a cold engine is dumb.

I think it's a boost leak or dirty afm because they make the car have the symptoms you are suggesting

I also couldn't be stuffed writing along response explaining my reasons initially.

Just like you didn't bother to write a post that explains your problem and the car history fully.

It had splitfires in her. Then changed to some ebay ones..they are red.

brand new z32 afm has been installed

ive put in 3 new sets of plugs... 7es ones (colder type plug)

Also had the cooler piping fixed up last week as well. . It was fouling the swaybars etc

Also cleaned the iac valve

checked the injectors and had new orings installed

any advice would be great.... this car is doing my head in

Might want to check the compression and timing, then put the splitfires back in and check for leaks with carby cleaner. Injector O-rings lubed?

We are assuming the setup was tuned before not just someone elses nistune from ebay with an Ebay special turbo bolted on ?

Edited by AngryRB