SAU Community

Round 2 - Sau Vic Go Kart Series

Tony Olsson

10437506_10153184802724386_2020716188013

The SAU Vic 2014 Go Kart Series is run the last Sunday every 2nd month at several different Karting venues around Melbourne. This year has 3 rounds of racing with trophies/prizes awarded to the top 3 places at the SAU Vic Go Kart Series end of year meet and award night held after the last race.

Rounds are run as per venue rules and points are won just like a 2014 F1 race (without doubles points for the last round) –

1st - 25pts 2nd – 18pts 3rd – 15pts 4th – 12pts 5th – 10pts

6th – 8pts 7th – 6pts 8th – 4pts 9th – 2pts 10th – 1pt

The second round takes the series to ACE Karts on their 700m long track. 12 corners, wide track for overtaking and a 41:00sec average lap time should make for some great racin10447654_10153184948164386_7250134300976

Entry to the event is $80 per driver which includes -

• 10min Qualifying Session
  • 20min Race
  • Trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd
  • BBQ provided by SAU Vic (bring a side to share if you can)

This is an open event to members and non-members of SAU Vic so feel free to invite a friend or family member to join in on the fun!

11:30am meet with a 12:00pm race start.

To enter simply show your interest here and have your name added to the list then pay on the day of the race.

You can also send in your race fees to secure your spot for the day to -

Name: Skylines Australia - Victoria
Bank: Westpac
BSB: 033305
Account: 265609

For a reference when you make the payment put - 'GK2 forum-name' - so we know who paid and what you are paying for.

There are limited spots open so get your name/race fees in to secure your place on the grid for the second round of the SAU Vic Go Kart Series!

Driver List -

Tony O

Simon + Ray and Simone

Lee

Michael + friend

Sam

John

• 4 weeks later...

BTW not sure want happened with ACE timing if it was meant to be 10min Qual, 20min race. Due to them messing up scheduling we started 30mins late, they said they'd give us qual and two races to give us a bit extra track time as compensation.

Going off footage what we actually got was 14min qual, 14min race?

Yeah when I spoke to them it was 10 minutes qualifying, 10 minutes practice and 15 minutes final race. I gave up in the practice after my arms were killing, hoping I'd rest a bit for the final, obviously not :P