SAU Community

I Am a Retard (can someone please help me!)

I thought they had some like "this vin has this key" system and could refab it from there.

I think warpspeed said something about being in japan but i couldnt really understand what he was on about.:P

Well If you drive a late model Skyline that was never sold by Nissan in this country, it is quite probable that your local Nissan dealer is not going to have documentation to decode the VIN, and be able to just quickly whip around the back of the parts store and produce the exact key you need on the spot.

I keep the key and the spare remote in the boot (hidden) I have a boot release switch (electric) mounted under one of the gards also hidden, The key and or anything else won't open the boot as the lock is disconected.

if I was dumb enough to loose my keys, I can simply pop the boot (setting off the alarm) and retreve the spare key and remote. Quite simple really.

Damqik.

Well Funky, I can get into yours anytime I want with a fifty pound sledge hammer. It is much quicker too, like a demonstration ?

Seriously though, if someone really wants into your car there is no way to keep them out. But having your own sneaky way in is the smart thing to do.

If all you do is hide the key, well yes, the insurance company may not be real impressed if it goes off one day, and is found stripped and burned with no forced entry.

But if you have SEVERAL security devices to lock, alarm, and immobilise the vehicle, then getting in is really only the beginning of several problems for the would be thief.

Another point is that when you buy a commercial alarm kit, they give you those silly warning stickers for the windows. This tells the thief exactly what you have fitted. Make your own stickers. The word ALARM is all you need.

I am also convinced that a very visible, very ugly, huge, enormous and immensly strong homemade steering wheel lock is a better deterent than any cheapie hardware shop special.

It demonstates that you are serious, are a bit of a handyman, and probably have a few other little surprises fitted as well.

Originally posted by funkymonkey

wow now i know how to nick DAMQIK n Warpspeed's lines... anyone else wanna cough up how to break into their car... careful guys, this IS an open forum

I doubt that anybody could get into my car the way that I mentioned as all is hidden, the most likely way any of our cars are gonna be pinched is on the back of a truck! (with Alarm SCREAMING) as no matter of hot-wireing is gonna get my car running for someone to drive off with it.

DAMQIK

Well funky, the actual door catch mechanism bolted to edge of the door is connected to the lock barrel, and the door lock tab with long metal rods. There may also be a third rod connecting to an electric lock/unlock solenoid mounted inside the door.

Now the way your thief gets into the car is by either lifting the locking tab with a coathanger, or something. Or else jambing a huge screwdriver into the lock barrel, and with his massive tatooed arms, ripping the lock barrel around, and out of the door.

Bingo he is in. The screwdriver method takes two seconds, and anyone casually watching from a distance would not even realise he did not use a key to gain entry.

Now if you remove the metal rod to the lock barrel, even with the correct key (or a screwdriver) rotating the lock is not going to get you in. Your door and paint is badly damaged though. This is how I lost my car. The screwdriver trick also works the same on the ignition lock. Ask me how I know (sigh....)

So what you do is connect your alarm to your electric central locking. Push your remote, and all doors unlock.

A hidden key is not going to get you into the car though, but it will still get you into the boot, where you hide a spare remote, and a spare key for the steering wheel lock.

DAMQUIK uses a hidden button to gain entry, this may be better, depending on the particular circumstances.

If you are going to respray your doors, I would totally remove the lock barrels, to totally confuse and frustrate the bad guys. Make your doors look better too.

Removing the Barrels sound like a good idea.

Maybe see if the passenger side Door Handle will slide in place of the drivers one?

The passengers door handle doesn't have the barrel in it.. Hence it will look good.