SAU Community

Preperation Required Rb30 Block For 3.2 Stroker Build

Nismo 3.2ish

• 4 weeks later...

so Australia Day?

Brett, Brett, you have no faith in people that build motors, these people do things in order and understand that we" the car owner" have expectations an they ensure that we get our work done within a reasonable time frame, cough, cough!

But unfortunately some unexpected shit happened that made it impossible for them to meet this target on this ONE unfortunate build??

BUT I am sure by this time NEXT year we will be able to get the first tune done or at the very least , move the car from the original position 15 months ago so the tyres are only flat on the bottom and the dust can be evenly spread.

I feel sure, well as best I can I will get it before I die , so all good

I do have a pic, I think, maybe I posted it much earlier this year??

I will check, there you go, 3 months and all of this is done, things that take racing teams 12 hours to do, you pessimist :)

Yes 2 pics and the head is ready, I think :/

I am looking forward to the New Year, in 2016 so I can update the build.

Take care :)

post-52098-0-33845400-1419661341_thumb.jpg

post-52098-0-52305000-1419661392_thumb.jpg

You can see is as being a pessimismt if you like, I and many other people see what I was saying as being a realist

It's nothing personal against you or your builder but the xmas deadline was never going to happen.

As for race teams they have 20 people to work on 2 cars and not 2 people to work on 20 cars

• Like 1

You can see is as being a pessimismt if you like, I and many other people see what I was saying as being a realist

It's nothing personal against you or your builder but the xmas deadline was never going to happen.

As for race teams they have 20 people to work on 2 cars and not 2 people to work on 20 cars

haha,Paul and Joey had told me ages ago this would not happen:) Shat it was there for 5 weeks before they turned a spanner ,so there was no chance it would ever be done, but worth a laugh :)

They have cars coming out of their BUTTs down there. The head is done and Jim is doing the rings now.They are waiting for a very small half circle part for the trannie and they can get going on it.So I will have to wait and see.

The race bit, I was saying if you get stuck into something it can be done in a reasonably short time, BUT I was talking 3 months, not over night, they said that once the trannie part is in they will get a few blokes on it at the same time and that will hurry things up, well :/

They play musical cars and spend a lot of time moving them around so they can work on them, I would think with the hail you blokes had in Sydney it would have been a nightmare, but it must work OK for them to do it this way, but I dare say not for the car owners.

They haven't even tapped it for the tensioner yet. That's just an rb30 bottom end at the moment. .......

Yeah, it was looking kinda sad sitting up there all alone, but it was painted and the crank was in there somewhere :)

The other block photo they sent me a month ago was the only one in 3 months, well apart from the broken Trannie parts, so it was not hard to work out that nothing else was worth a happy snap.

On the positive side , I was speaking to the mechanic that was doing some of the work and asked him if my setup will be OK and he seems to think it will be a fun street car and could do whatever I wanted in the future as it will be a tough build, so all good

It was worth dropping in there to see some of the other cars they were working on, some of them were amazing!

yeah was amazing seeing what they were actually working on hey.. I remember when I dropped my car off for a dump pipe at one of those shops, 2 weeks later nothing done, several phone calls drop ins, nothing more, 2weeks more I just got shits and picked it up, I put the intake pipes on and drove it away, guy said, don't worry the bov doesn't need hooked up, err well I think it does cause its running like shit????

They did the dump in a hurry before I came, intake pipe wasn't done, the dump was banging under the body, wasn't done right , still charged over a grand for a 3.5inch dump and external plumb back,.....

I know what they were working on, the bloody GTR's that guys were paying 5k plus on, they take on jobs when they are already 6months behind.. .next guy I went to, it was done in the day no worries, and brilliant job.. rant over..

Yeah Mark, I threatened to pick the car up after 5 weeks of nothing and 2 days later the motor was out, they sent the pics to me and then work seemed to stopped again. Took 4 months to get the Block sorted from the time it was booked in. At least you could do drop ins, I live over 300Klms away :(

I do not think they could organize a shit fight and you get jack of being treated like a mushroom. They could save themselves so much time and money if they had half of the cars in the shop at the same time but I guess blokes would look elsewhere to get the job done, the old saying "a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush"

I sent them all of the parts before the car was dropped off, but now waiting on one small part of the trannie(photo).

BUT after speaking to some of the mechanics that work there I am sure they are committed to doing the best they can "when" they are actually working on your car and seem very proud of the final outcome and I like this attitude when I am spending a shit load of money getting something done.

Anticipation can make time drag on and on and on , just like my posts :yes:

post-52098-0-28579300-1419797182_thumb.jpg

Funnily enough the engine pics you posted don't have anything prepared for a 26 head going into it. No new hole above water pump for tensioner and they haven't even removed the old tensioner stud.

It could be still be used with an rb30 head.

Maybe that's their plan! Unless you make enough noise someone else gets this engine......

Have no idea Ben, I would think they know what they are doing and using something other than my head would not be a very smart thing to do. I may not know what they are doing but others do that will see the work and would pick it up , like you, and they would be in the shit !

The head is done, one of the mechanics showed me, wrapped with my name on it ?

Funnily enough the engine pics you posted don't have anything prepared for a 26 head going into it. No new hole above water pump for tensioner and they haven't even removed the old tensioner stud.

It could be still be used with an rb30 head.

Maybe that's their plan! Unless you make enough noise someone else gets this engine......

The more I look at this :/

Are you saying they will take/steal my 26 head and cams etc and stick a RB30 head on the RB30 Block, the RB30 Head is a single cam head, isn't it.

My 26 head is there, new OS valves ect and ready to go on..

These blokes are professionals and there is no way they would do that, its crazy!

The more I look at this :/

Are you saying they will take/steal my 26 head and cams etc and stick a RB30 head on the RB30 Block, the RB30 Head is a single cam head, isn't it.

My 26 head is there, new OS valves ect and ready to go on..

These blokes are professionals and there is no way they would do that, its crazy!

Nah man. Just stirring.

It's just funny that the thread is about prep required for 2630 build, and that block still isn't ready for a 26 head. So technically they could still put a 30 head on it and use it for a customers rb30 build. I don't think it would happen.

They will just say they will fit the head and then tap for the tensioner if you ask them.

Hi Joey, all the best for the new year.

I do not think it helps with these shops and they just continue on their own way, but hopefully I will get it back very soon, well as soon as they get the trannie part from Japan, they are still on holidays until the 5th I think :/

Got one of your mates up here, the white whale is floating around in the local water ways, he tried to stuff my boat up, LOL, just joking he took it for a run and it had not been in the water for 9 months and there are a few ongoing electrical problems that give false readings that I choose to ignore.So he came back in, maybe better luck tomorrow when Captain Pete is on board , we had a little too much New Year Cheer last night :)

Happy new year mate,

Feck I wouldn't let paulie anywhere near your vehicles.. He's renowned for breaking shit and having no mechanical sympathy :) haha

Hopefully they sort their shit out and get the job done, like I said from the start nothing happens quick in this industry