SAU Community

Engine Block Cracking

Sounds like heresay to me. Plenty of people with RB26DETTs running more that 300kw (at the wheels) without issue: you just *must* make sure that all the ancillary systems are in place to support that kind of power and all necessary modification have been made.

If your really concerned, source an N1 block which has thicker walls and different oil galleries designed to protect the block from cracking.

LW.

Get Zoom, 08/04 mag, has a Phat 350Z 334kW twin-turbo on the cover blue 350Z.

It has an article about RB26 tuning, and they are saying 400kw@rw is what you can get on stock internals, then you'll have to start uping the internals and start looking at some other things as well.

RB26's are very strong engines, it wouldn't be so well known if it wasn't.

Up get take the RB26 over 1,000hp and over 700kw@rw, companies can sell 1,000hp RB26's wouldn't be cheap at best though.

Ha biggest crap i have ever heard.

Teh GTR Block can NEVA crack :)

All serious now, mate there are guys making well over 900 HP and the block hasn't cracked.

Oh and if you go to supra forums dont type the word GTR.

The Supra Boys seem to get a a bit of bullshititis and upset.

Must be because they worked out they bought the wrong car.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've seen plenty of supras making more power than gtrs with stock internals, they are doing 9s (street tyre) in the US the record is 950rwhp on stock internals, there are countless making 700 to 800hp, I've never heard of a GTR doing this on stock internals or not even near so come back down to earth NISMO 400 R N1, In my point of view the supra has the upper hand as you can do much more to it with less money. Its not hard to see that the market has a wider range for the Skyline/ GTR within Australia as.

elGTR: the yanks have a funny idea of "stock internals" though: usually they mean a stock bottom, but head work. Plus, there is never much mention of longevity...

Still, there is no doubt the 2JZ is a great engine.

LW.

my friend has cracked his block...i'm pretty sure he told me he was running 500+whp though.

i have been told to be wary of the engine twisting when making in access of 450hp? i think getting stiffer engine mounts would help. there's also something that looks kinda like a shock absorber which kills or minimises the twisting.

my friend has cracked his block...i'm pretty sure he told me he was running 500+whp though.

i have been told to be wary of the engine twisting when making in access of 450hp? i think getting stiffer engine mounts would help. there's also something that looks kinda like a shock absorber which kills or minimises the twisting.

Yes, Nismo makes a series of mounts for the RBs, and there are "anti-twist" bars. Of course the best option would be to get an N1 block...

LW.