SAU Community

Sau:nsw - Monthly Meet February - Sunday Morning Cruise & Breakfast

MrFijiGold

What was with the guy in the high vis just after the sharp hairpin (north of Bald Hill lookout) standing in the bushes with what appeared to be a camera? This is on the return trip back to Sydney. Had a blue motorbike parked nearby. Thought it was a copper at first but it looked like a DSLR he was holding, not a radar gun. Not the greatest place to position oneself I thought, whether it was a cop or just a car/bike enthusiast taking photos.

That guy snapped me, was definitely just an enthusiast... I was going pretty slow stuck behind some traffic so got a good view

• Like 3

There's a few guys who take pics on OPH; generally they load shots to FB pages, and you can pull them off their wall.

Some will give/sell full size image files to you if you ask nicely.

• Like 3

had a blast, car was filthy afterwards. What better excuse to wash the dirty old datsun than after a Nasho run?

22b was a beast

Was great to meet a few people in person.

Thanks for putting this on, will try to make the next meet but depends on my workload from uni

• Like 6

Thanks again Raj, great cruise; awesome bacon spot at the Cafe!

Great to meet some new faces, and see some really nice rides; so cool that everyone braved the rain.

Thanks to Terry for giving me my first opportunity to drive a GTR; in the N1 no less!

Now, how can I hide an R32 GTR from my missus? :whistling:

• Like 5

was a great little drive, would of stayed for breakfast yet had some things i needed to do.
Was interesting for a skyline cruise, considering the car behind me was a stagea, then i was in a 180, then someone in a mazda 3 mps, then a wrx, then a r32 then a bmw,

This seems to be the car everyone wanted to see
post-92228-0-79306000-1424582147_thumb.jpg

post-92228-0-68985700-1424582279_thumb.jpg

post-92228-0-02320800-1424582325_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Terry-77_zps1335aadd.jpg

Terry-78_zpsee97d915.jpg

Terry-79_zpsbaae53fd.jpg

Terry-80_zps6a6442e0.jpg

5/5 There's no doubt about the great diversity we've had to-day eh? Sorry to have missed out on most cars, but they'll be coming out shortly.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the pics from Jason and Ciaron at the Weir and the Bridge. Thanks in advance to them!!!!

• Like 6

Thanks Raj and the Executive Team for putting together another great cruise! Despite the rain I think we were really lucky to have the road and meeting points mostly to ourselves.

And a special thanks to Ciaron and Jason for their dedication in photographing the event. It's extremely appreciated by myself (and I'm sure all who attended), let's not forget these guys missed out on being in the heart of the cruise in order to capture the event!

Really looking forward to seeing the photos. I'll upload some of my parking lot pics soon.

Cheers,

Mathew

• Like 8

oh em gee...

Matt's beema, he let me sit in it.

I felt like growing a moustache, wearing a tweed jacket & smoking a pipe sitting in that driver seat. Very classy indeed!

Terry-67_zpsa1cdfeba.jpg

2/5

• Like 5

I shat myself as I came through the corner. I was already driving wobbly as it was due to my new setup. And I see a hi vis guy holding a camera. I was like dfq are the cops doing there :|

Yeah, all of his photos will be of cars nose-diving heavily as people are slamming on the brakes thinking he's a copper!

• Like 2

So as usual the Down Shift meet was marred with drama with an S15 crashing and a whole bunch of other morons chucking skids everywhere in their Hondas.

Just remember this is exact thing that sets us apart from other clubs and the reason we've never had a police drama on a cruise to date.

Just remember you're representing the club, and if you do something silly and get caught, we're all tarred with the same brush and its all downhill from there

But great day aside from the unscheduled bath this morning around 7am, can't wait for the photos :)

• Like 8