SAU Community

Rb25det Upgrade And Problem

Hey guys, I have a 1996 R33 skyline GTS-T, recently bought it and thinking of adding some more power, current mods to my knowledge are ;

- splitfire coil packs

- kls power spirit turbo

-fmic and intake (Z32 afm and all the rest)

-high flow cat and full exhaust system

-walbro 500hp fuel pump

-current spark plugs are platinum PFR7B (problem possibly)

-dump pipe

Etc etc etc, basically all the basics

Last tune was in 2013 and was 220kW, I've misplaced the paper though.

So here's my question, what could I do to possibly get it to 250kW, I was thinking cams or ?

Also, at high revs, around 5500-7000 the car starts to spit and misfire, but the plugs were changed in 2013 so I don't know what it could be. I'm aware there's topics on these but I couldn't really gather much from them.

Thanks for your help guys.

Yeah i vote for checking your sparkplugs/coilpacks and getting a better turbo.. or take it to a well known tuner in your state/location and they will be able to see what your car is doing and most likely be able to help diagnose any/all problems

Yeah definitely want to get it tuned, cause I know it needs one. Just thought I'd chuck in an upgrade before doing so. A new turbo is slightly out of my price range atm to be honest, any other idea you guys may have ? Thanks heaps for your help

And you suggested cams, they cost more than a turbo installed ...... Or did you plan on putting them in yourself? You don't seemed clued up enough to do that.......

Edited by Ben C34