SAU Community

Turbo Options

Hey guys, I've got a KLS power spirit turbo A/R .63 running around 15 psi at the moment. I was thinking of getting a new turbo but I've been reading lately that they're actually not too bad and can handle 350-450 hp range and should provide 230.5kW at 12psi. I've got all the other usual mods, ecu, splitfire, fmic, turbo back etc etc. was just wondering if it's worth upgrading to a garrett 3706 or kinugawa tdo6 or just keep this turbo and work top end. Thanks in advance for any advance

Hey guys, I've got a KLS power spirit turbo A/R .63 running around 15 psi at the moment. I was thinking of getting a new turbo but I've been reading lately that they're actually not too bad and can handle 350-450 hp range and should provide 230.5kW at 12psi. I've got all the other usual mods, ecu, splitfire, fmic, turbo back etc etc. was just wondering if it's worth upgrading to a garrett 3706 or kinugawa tdo6 or just keep this turbo and work top end. Thanks in advance for any advance

fail highlighted

Well, the thing that interested me was the precision of the estimate of how much power the KLS should make at 12 psi. I mean, quoting power to 1 decimal place shows a lot of confidence.

But, apart from us being snide, you haven't told us what engine. 20, 25, 26, 30? Or something else? Also, no mention of if the power levels you're talking about are at the flywheel or on the road. We can guess, but we could just as easily be wrong.

And I think you can take it for granted that with very few exceptions, eBay turbos like the KLS thingo (I can't help hearing

when I read that) are generally poorly matched not quite good turbos.

I suggest that you look for the Hypergear thread for some guidance on what can be done in the $1k region.

Thanks GTSBoy, it's a 25det and had dyno paper at 220Kw in 2013, lost the paper though. Well that's the worry, who knows how credible their information is,thought I would ask. So as a starting point, would you recommend me changing the turbo or working top end, eg injectors, cams etc. and what would make the most difference performance wise ?