SAU Community

Flex Fuel Sensors

I can send you my current flex map if you like, just don't use it on your car as it might / will not work lol.

other than that, it's pretty straight forward.. use the compensation table to dial in more timing and fuel based on E85 percentage, not much is required on the fuel table as it assumes a blanket 30% more fuel. I did have to add a little at peak torque but for the rest of the ta le fuel was 0.

However I did have to add 20% more on cold start and 8 for warm start.

make sure you run an IAT, do not be a lazy karnt and not run one.. because you'll lean out when the IAT/ambient air temp is low..

yep i wont even tune a car if its not fitted.

yep i wont even tune a car if its not fitted.

100%

I've see a few lazy tuners out there that tune cars without IAT on MAP sensor ECUs.. just 100% lazy and irresponsible.. imagine that person takes their car out late at night for a brap around the mountains... will be lean/knock city!

100%

I've see a few lazy tuners out there that tune cars without IAT on MAP sensor ECUs.. just 100% lazy and irresponsible.. imagine that person takes their car out late at night for a brap around the mountains... will be lean/knock city!

Is the IAT required for 98 tuned map sensor ECU's or are you talking e85 only?

any MAP needs an IAT (at a minimum), air density changes with temperature/altitude etc.. better if you have both IAT and also barometer.

this is why I still prefer AFM ECUs, just minus the idiosyncrasies such as BOV/reversion, etc... but there are ways to get around it like increasing the fuel cut/recovery point.

• 3 weeks later...

any MAP needs an IAT (at a minimum), air density changes with temperature/altitude etc.. better if you have both IAT and also barometer.

this is why I still prefer AFM ECUs, just minus the idiosyncrasies such as BOV/reversion, etc... but there are ways to get around it like increasing the fuel cut/recovery point.

by something decent like emtron and it has fuel density, pressure and temp as part of its fuel model.