SAU Community

Another Coilpack Issue?

IM-32-FK

So sick of these skylines and there shitty coilpacks. Yesterday i did a full service, basically changed the spark plugs, oil and oil filter. But when i was test driving the car, you could hear it misfiring. The cylinder seems like its still running, its just not getting a 100% proper connection. Basically you can hear the exhaust pop during idle, and as your taking off it slightly misses and when you flat out give it, it chugs back every 1000rpm or so. I checked the coilpack loom connections and made sure they were all plugged in...so does it seems like its one coilpack thats basically failed? its a f**king rb25 neo n/a so to unplug coilpack 2,3 and 4 you need to take off the god damn plenum extension and a few lines on top of it!

Depends on the people that own the car before you to. My Skyline was imported by a family member who lives in Japan and it has genuine low mileage, and completely stock, the only issues I've had are headlight switch and the window switch. Not bad for a car 1/4 of a century old!

When you changed your plugs did you adjust the gap correctly and use the right plugs?

Did you check the coil packs for arcing and tape them up if you saw some?

Did you use dielectric grease around the boots before you put the coils in?

Is the coil pack loom OK?

Im just gonna change all the coilpacks and loom because they are all pretty worn out and damaged the coilpacks already have tape on them and some of the inlets on the plugs are broken. Do you think its still ok to drive the car for a few days? it wont damage the engine or anything like that?

no it wont hurt it too much if it's only missing

ok cool thanks. Like i said it misses every 2-3 seconds on idle and when you plant your foot down but doesnt miss when you are cruising it. Also, i really dont want to pay that much for yellow jackets, if i had a gtr then i would be more than happy to but its just a n/a so ill get stock coilpacks

Edited by IM-32-FK

Guys i need your help. I changed the coilpacks and loom and it still didnt fix the issue so it must be spark plug issue. But ive always used the same spark plugs - ngk bcpr7es -11 . I know its a bit over the top but it always ran good with them. Im left with no choice but to gap them to 0.8. So you think this will fix the issue? It took me like 4 hours and alot of sweat and blood to pull everything apart and put it back together so im pretty pissed off. I didn't even go work today to do it so i lost out on alot of money anyway. Please tell me this will fix the issue otherwise i got no idea what it would be. I also used 10-40 penrite fully synthetic pro racing esther.

If i gap them to 0.8 and it still doesnt fix the issue, then what else could it be? This shit is giving me anxiety i want my car running properly otherwise its always in the back of my mind

Thanks

Edited by IM-32-FK

Told you to gap them down

I wish i listened to you man... Ive already wasted 7 hours total so far on this shit. I feel so bad now i gotta buy the gapping tool tomorrow after work and see what happens. I hope it fixes the issue otherwise im gonna burn my car down