SAU Community

Another Coilpack Issue?

IM-32-FK

Get feeler gauge. No need for "gapping tool".

A light tap to close the gap on something firm is perfect.

Besides this is a na skyline, you shouldn't be having spark blow out.

Unless your igniter has carked it

Did you use genuine cool packs and harness?

• Like 1

Ill get whichever one is cheaper since i already paid too much on this shit already.

Yes im using stock rb20 coilpack and loom.

My friend also told me it could be my ignitor. But dont u think its strange it just started doing this as soon as i serviced the car?

Also i dropped a couple of the spark plugs maybe about 20cm when i was trying to put it in the block, maybe a couple of them lost there stock measurment?

Also maybe the grounding on some of the plugs are dirty, ill degrease them

And about the afm, ill clean it out tomorrow but what do i use? When i had issues with air flow meter before it limited the revs to like 2300, this issue is way different it randomly putters every few seconds on idle and when i rev the car out the revs dont go up smoothly, it goes up a bit cuts off goes up a bit more

Edited by IM-32-FK

spark plugs don't like being dropped. A cracked ceramic insulator can cause ignition issues. A set of copper plugs is cheap as sh*t, would be putting in a set of new plugs if you hadn't already, can always just keep them aside for later use if it doesn't fix your issue.

I just use brake cleaner on afm, give it a fairly quick spray in the direction of airflow.

Ill get whichever one is cheaper since i already paid too much on this shit already.

Yes im using stock rb20 coilpack and loom.

My friend also told me it could be my ignitor. But dont u think its strange it just started doing this as soon as i serviced the car?

Also i dropped a couple of the spark plugs maybe about 20cm when i was trying to put it in the block, maybe a couple of them lost there stock measurment?

Also maybe the grounding on some of the plugs are dirty, ill degrease them

And about the afm, ill clean it out tomorrow but what do i use? When i had issues with air flow meter before it limited the revs to like 2300, this issue is way different it randomly putters every few seconds on idle and when i rev the car out the revs dont go up smoothly, it goes up a bit cuts off goes up a bit more

Wait what. R34's don't use igniters. How are you using an RB20 loom and coilpacks?

Guys the problem kinda just went away. After my petrol was very low this morning, i filled up and realised it stopped doing it. It doesnt cut off when revinvg it out and doesnt putter at idle . Could it be bad fuel i got at caltex?

Sorry it wasnt caltex, it was BP on kissing point road. I filled up when the tanker was putting fuel in the resevoir. I heard when it does it all the shit stuff from the bottom of the tank comes up and mixes with the fuel. I didnt believe it but it must be true. f**k BP then, i want compo for the time and money wasted

Edited by IM-32-FK

i want compo for the time and money wasted

Good luck.

I remember a dude built an engine (RB30DE, he is builder so was doing it for fun), filled up at a dodgy fuel station, engine seized on the driveway out of the place. Didn't get a cent.

Water in fuel or something.

I never fill up at Caltex or BP, always with Mobil (Now 7 Eleven). Helps when they're closest to my house.

Change your fuel filter, maybe get injectors clean if they're old.

I started to get the engine problems when the fuel ran low though, like the fuel light was on. So could the rubbish stuff at the bottom finally get sucked into the fuel system and then it started causing ignition misfiring problems? Ill change the fuel fuelter and use injector cleaner... Do u think i need to drain and clean the fuel tank and system as well?

Does my issue sound like it was because of the ffuel? Does bad fuel cause these type of misfiring and puttering problems?

Edited by IM-32-FK