SAU Community

Pot Holes - How Many Have You Dodged Today?

GTR-N1

Saw a massive one this afternoon, the expansion joints on the Prospect Highway entry onto the M4. I saw it very late and tried to avoid the worst of it, but even the smaller bit that I did hit was pretty bad and sent a good shake through the car.

I used that same stretch of road over the M4 to get into the freeway again on Saturday afternoon, and it had been patched up. It was better, but still looked like it would open up again with the amount of traffic that goes through there, especially loaded-up trucks.

There appear to be certain councils which are more culpable than others which are dragging the chain re road maintenance, during and after the wet weather of late.

You'd think they'd be trying to impress the state government so as to avoid forced mergers with adjoining municipalities.

• Like 1

There appear to be certain councils which are more culpable than others which are dragging the chain re road maintenance, during and after the wet weather of late.

You'd think they'd be trying to impress the state government so as to avoid forced mergers with adjoining municipalities.

Liverpool has always been atrocious at fixing potholes. Although the arterial roads in the area do see a lot of traffic, especially heavy trucks and the like. In fairness to them it would be really difficult to keep every patch of road pothole free.