SAU Community

Maxx Tuning Ecu

Gcjosh

So,

I lived in Sweden for 8 years and while I was there I built a lot of skylines, supras, evos and subarus etc for a good jap performance workshop.

I met and helped a lot of guys with road and drift cars etc and these ecus are the ducks nuts.

http://www.maxxtuning.eu

If anyone is chasing a new ecu or a different option have a read!

A lot of guys I dealt with tried haltech, motec etc etc and they all said the maxx ecu is a lot better.

If anyone is interested in getting one let me know.

Josh

Considering the majority of Skyline owners on this forum are from Aus/NZ.... I know zero tuners here that have ever tuned this ECU. Might be a good ECU... But if no-one wants to touch it, what's the point?

When you go to a JEM or a CRD etc, what will they say when you have a Maxx tuning ECU?

Josh the ECU looks pretty cool. If it gets Mac/iOS support down the track I may be handing over my money!

Love the Bluetooth feature, it would be sweet if that expands to tuning in the future and we can ditch the bloody laptop/cables.

Josh the ECU looks pretty cool. If it gets Mac/iOS support down the track I may be handing over my money!

Love the Bluetooth feature, it would be sweet if that expands to tuning in the future and we can ditch the bloody laptop/cables.

I think the reason why they use android is the same reason a lot of companies use android for businesses, is because you can customize and with mac you can't.

And you can adjust everything from the tablet [emoji6]

ever tried to tune on a 3" phone scrren?

its shit on a single cylinder dirtbike.

let alone trying to do a boost vs tps 3d map with coolant temp compensation while having a transbrake activated....

How hard is it to plug in a cable?

How fast is Bluetooth able to stream info for tuning/logging?

Everyone's circumstance is different, but for me the only reason I have stuck with a Power FC for over a decade is because of the hand controller.

I have a wideband permanently wired in and like option to tweak my tune from time to time. It has also been extremely handy in diagnosing faults with the car over the years.

Finally this appears like a modern computer that can let me upgrade and also give the benefits of what the hand controller does via a tablet.

As for the speed of Bluetooth for tuning that's probably for someone who has experience with this ECU to answer, rather than speculation.

Seriously how often do you expect to drive your car with a tablet displaying real time data?

I think its a cool feature, but it doesnt beat the power FC hand controller for pure convinience. Having the data displayed on your phone would be handy but i know what would happen if it was me - 3/4 of the time i would be too lazy to connect my phone up

If it was a feature in the Link ECU, it'd be great, but on an ECU that is not popular in AUS, its not a feature that sells it to me

As for a tuning perspective, as has been said, how hard is it to plug in a cable really?

• Like 1

It does seem like a quality ecu but as already said, no tuner experience or support in oz. Until a few make their way here and get some support I can't see many people being interested. Also we are already spoilt with choices of good quality units and some that plug in. Haltech, motec, adaptronic, autronic to name a few. My budget adaptronic has the ability to be plugged into my phone for data monitoring and logging. I use it very rarely although it can be a very handy feature.

My budget adaptronic has the ability to be plugged into my phone for data monitoring and logging. I use it very rarely although it can be a very handy feature.

I just had a quick read about the Skyline ECU on the Adaptronic website, but couldn't find any info on this feature.

Can you explain a little more on how it works and connects?

It does seem like a quality ecu but as already said, no tuner experience or support in oz. Until a few make their way here and get some support I can't see many people being interested. Also we are already spoilt with choices of good quality units and some that plug in. Haltech, motec, adaptronic, autronic to name a few. My budget adaptronic has the ability to be plugged into my phone for data monitoring and logging. I use it very rarely although it can be a very handy feature.

No tuner experience?

If a tuner can't figure out how to tune different types of ecu's then he should look for another job.. It's not magic

• Like 1

I just had a quick read about the Skyline ECU on the Adaptronic website, but couldn't find any info on this feature.

Can you explain a little more on how it works and connects?

It's on their forum, but has been down for quite some time.

Check out adaptive tuner

As someone who tweaks a tune all the time, I would absolutely love to avoid plugging a laptop in every single time, waiting for it to boot up, etc etc etc and plug in.

Seriously I am bemused that in 2015(2016!) every major ECU (Haltech, etc) don't have some kind of USB/Bluetooth adaptor you can use, or a phone/android/iOS app to make minor changes on.

• Like 1

My understanding is that bluetooth is slow. Slow to react on all information and logs. There is a lot of talk about bluetooth as a means for external tuning on many forums and even on the nistune boards. but most said that it is just too slow to use. Adaptive tuner is also slow while using bluetooth so most try and use a host capable tablet or phone.

I have not used bluetooth for tuning or anything other than phone and data use, so i dont have any first world experience.

Bluetooth is faster than the first usb that was used to tune?

And really what would be faster to react? A human looking at gauges or a ecu?

All the values you set run from the ecu and are only displayed on the tablet, so I'm missing what the problem for Bluetooth is?

Honestly, for the price of over $2500 and what ever shipping + tax will be. You can get something that is made in Australia with Australian tech help for cheaper.

Point out the main benefits where other ecu's fail?

Why is maxxecu 'a lot better' to use?

Is it worth the extra money? Why?

• Like 1

Bluetooth is not slow. It is massively faster than 9600 baud serial, like we all used to use back in the day.

But it is a wireless technology, and wireless ALWAYS has much higher latency than wired connections. And Bluetooth's latency can be pretty bad. Bluetooth is seldom used for life and death type connections (although we're starting to use it for industrial safety communications, which shows that if you shovel enough redundant protocol onto even a bad buss you can make it "safe"!!). It's mostly used for shit that doesn't matter.

The other problem with Bluetooth and other wireless buses is that it is leaky and hackable. You can't hack a serial bus in a car. Well, you can, if it has a leaky wireless bus hanging off the side of it. I personally would prefer to not expose more than I have to in this day and age.

At the end of the day, if it didn't work, they wouldn't be so successful with it.

And I'm not a salesman for these guys, I've worked with there ecu before, I know a lot of people who use them and prefer them over everything they have tried.

I don't receive any financial gains whatsoever from informing you guys about this, I can however get a few at a discounted price if anyone is interested.

The owner of the company is not fazed if this ecu ends up being big in Australia as he already has a huge customer base.

I mentioned to him about brining it over here not the other way around as I'm going to get one for my R33 [emoji41]