SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

Top effort Dave!

You had some good weather today!

The car was mostly behaving itself unlike last time. Had to add a bit of rear toe to keep the arse end a bit more stable over the bumps/ripple strips and then it was surprisingly easy to keep ripping out low 1:22. Shame natsoft didn't work as it'd be nice to get some official confirmation of the time.

Yeah, it was great weather out there.

Lofty had the starlet out too. That thing is just awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Cant remember if Ive posted here.

Symmons Plains 62.3

Baskerville 61.00

R32 GTS

222kws

Modifications

Engine: FMIC, pod, 3 inch turbo back, R32 high flow turbo, jjr coils, 040 pump, 444 inj

Power: 222rwkw

Suspension: whiteline front bar, std rear bar, -3 F camber, -1.5 R camber, std shocks, kings lwd springs, strut bar

Tyres: RE55's on 7.5 inch rims

Brakes: dba 4000, bendix srt and race

removed most of interior (well, we have now jbr90.blogspot.com) only dashboard and seat left and roll cage of course

door windows to be replaced with plexiglass

no idea of weight, we remove some add some prob slight less than standard now considering the cage weighs 60kgs

removed fan blade, using thermo (keep fan blade close by... just incase!!)

hoping times will drop by close to a sec at both tracks

SAU Nickname: R32 Stuart

Car Make and Model: Gtr R32

Circuit Name: Wakefield Park Damp Dry Line

Lap time: 1.06.3 Dorian - State Round ( 28/06/09)

Modifications

Engine: Standard + N1 Turbo's, Injectors, Cam gears, Exhaust

Power: 310.6kws Thanks CRD Sydney

Suspension: HSD

Tyres: Dunlop DZ03's 255 (worn out)

Brakes: ECB Rotors and pad, Standard Calipers

Body weight: Full Trim - Rego'd

Edited by R32 Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
I got hello kitty out to OPGP today

SAU Nickname: badhairdave

Car Make and Model: S13 Silvia

Circuit Name: OPGP

Lap time: 1:22.00 (lap timer) natsoft is playing up and only has my first few laps of the day despite me seeing a printout of 1:27 after the second session?

Modifications

Engine: s14 SR20DE with 280 cams

Power: 110rwkw approx

Suspension: front S15 stock struts with camber tops and heavier springs, castor rods, rear old bilstein struts with heavier springs, nismo traction arms and LCA's, d project camber and toe arms.

Tyres: 235/45-17 r888 gg

Brakes: r34 gtt front with sbs carbon ceramic pads, rear s15 with cheap shit pads

Body weight: Around 1000

Wakefield Park

No changes to setup

rear tyres shot so had to be a little tentative in a few places

best of 1:09.87

natsoft

• 2 weeks later...

SAU Nickname: PaulBNR32

Car Make and Model: Nissan R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Winton

Lap time: 1:34.77

Modifications

Engine: forged pistons, ARP studs, cams

Power: 300 kw at all 4

Suspension: HKS

Tyres: 255 RE55

Brakes:

Body weight: 1650kg (full trim street car)

SAU Nickname: Blue32

Car Make and Model: Nissan R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Mallala

Lap time: 1:15:03

Modifications

Engine: Forged

Power: estimated 360 rwkw (dyno'd at 400rwkw 1.5 bar, ran at 1.3 on the track)

Suspension: DMS

Tyres: 255 RE55

Brakes: AP CP5200 fronts / STD rear

Body weight: 1485kg (including driver)

Geez, ask me if I'm bloody happy today! Took 2.7 secs off my best Lakeside lap with just a new set of rubber and a little more midrange grunt from a better tune :)

SAU Nickname: Marlin

Car Make and Model: Nissan R32 GTS-t

Circuit Name: Lakeside

Lap time: 58.63

Modifications

Engine: Std

Power: 200RWKW

Suspension: Apexi N1

Tyres: 235/45/17 Dunlop O3G SR

Brakes: GTR Brembos, Ferodo 3000 pads

Body weight: 1285kg w/- half fuel

• 3 weeks later...

Had the GT-R out at the Maserati Track day today at Sandown, 2nd time out since doing a heap of mods to the car, still getting used to it, but was happy to do a 1.21.3 before the engine cried enough!

SAU Nickname: Z1LLA

Car Make and Model: R32 GT-R

Circuit Name: Sandown

Lap time: 1.21.3

Modifications

Engine: Standard/unopened RB26

Power: 340rwkw

Suspension: Tein Coilovers, Whiteline swaybar - front only, adjustable upper arms - front

Tyres: Very worn/old RE55s 255/40/17

Brakes: R33 Brembos

Body weight: Standard GT-R weight

Thanks mate, bottom end we think probably due to starvation issues.

Saw an R33 GTS-T with SAU stickers but that was it.

Heap of quick GT-Rs out there including JFK, a white Racepace R33 I think along with a couple of targa style R32's and about 5 R35s! Was an awesome trackday in terms of the types of cars entered!

• 2 weeks later...

Mat,

you PM'd me about my car mods and I can't PM back because I haven't yet made 10 posts on the forum.

My car would be in the Modified class. I ran with RE55 tyres and I also have a Bosch fuel pump and adjustable reg.

Paul

Got a new time 1:43.1 :)

SAU Nickname: Codeblue

Car Make and Model: R33 Gts-t

Circuit Name: Winton

Lap time: 1:45.5

Modifications:

Engine: Rb25det

Power: 200kw@ .8bar boost

Suspension: Bilstein, hicas lock, castor bushes

Tyres: Kumho xs

Brakes: standard size rda slotted dimpled rotors, braided lines, qfm k750 track day pads

Body weight: standard

• 2 weeks later...
I got hello kitty out to OPGP today

SAU Nickname: badhairdave

Car Make and Model: S13 Silvia

Circuit Name: OPGP

Lap time: 1:22.00 (lap timer) natsoft is playing up and only has my first few laps of the day despite me seeing a printout of 1:27 after the second session?

Modifications

Engine: s14 SR20DE with 280 cams

Power: 110rwkw approx

Suspension: front S15 stock struts with camber tops and heavier springs, castor rods, rear old bilstein struts with heavier springs, nismo traction arms and LCA's, d project camber and toe arms.

Tyres: 235/45-17 r888 gg

Brakes: r34 gtt front with sbs carbon ceramic pads, rear s15 with cheap shit pads

Body weight: Around 1000

Second time out at OP GP, new engine and box, no other changes

Engine: s15 SR20DET with 3071

Power: 270rwkw @ 16psi (not running it at 285 until i get a better handle on the car)

new pb of 1:21.79 (bit slower than i would have liked considering the lack of opportunity to better it)

Need to relearn throttle control and get my corner speed back up to where it was with the NA.

Happy about the lack of major issues with the new setup

good work Dave.

Got to be pretty happy with the power too! I want! Is that S15 SR20DET standard internally? cams?

Thanks mate, though i think it's well below the potential of the thing

small duration reasonable lift cams and springs but otherwise stock

Oh and some good news: Looks like OP will be open for an extra month

Edited by badhairdave

• 3 weeks later...
hahah sucked in I go to the top of the oran park short list just before they close the track....47sec flat this arvo :3some:

Thats pretty quick considering the conditions. Was this the Production car or the shoestring one?

ahh its ok it dried up in the arvo and this was the last session of the day. It was the production car + passenger seat in, but with 18psi (about 280kw). With standard boost 12psi best I could do was 48.5, so even on a tight track 50 extra killer wasps make a big difference.